Pennine Way (South)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Does anyone know what shops there are in Horton-in-Ribblesdale on the Pennine Way?

I know there's a post office/ shop and a cafe, but it'd be useful to find out if there's anything else, because it's the only refuelling point and if I get there after 5pm I want to know if there'll be anything open.

I'm probably gonna walk 50 odd miles of the trail in the next couple of weeks, between Gargrave/ Malham and Hawes. The thing is that camping out it's important to know how much food to take across the moors, and you can't work that out unless you know what shops are on the way.

Another other tips very welcome!

Cheers,

Phil

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
There are a couple of pubs, been a while since I spent much time there but passed through recently don't recall any garages or anything. You could try phoning the pen-y-ghent cafe, 01729 860333 this is also a tourist info centre as far as I remember, but they used to be really helpful anyway.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Cheers, Goose, that's not a bad idea. I thought about calling the post office, but asking them about the competition seemed a bit much.

There's nothing worse than hiking through a village and finding that the only small shop on your route just closed or won't open for hours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE