Day Out Back2Brechfa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Some say it's about the journey not the destination, all I know is the route sucks and I never want to go through the last three years again. Anyhow, fate has now officially washed me up on the shores of Brechfa forest and my gear has finally come out of storage. I used to know the place but there's been some changes with the huge infestation of wind turbines. So time to go bimbling again and see if the secret sweet spots have survived. Looking good so far...
IMAG3989.jpgIMAG3985.jpgIMAG3992.jpg

found part of a jawbone any ideas?

IMAG3987.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Update: another day another bimble around a small part of Brechfa,
sunburn, cramp, sweat and an insane craving for a cold beer

IMAG4006.jpg
The 'secret' pond, somewhere in my old trip reports there's a photo of this same spot from a few years back. Up close it's ground zero for midges but back up a bit there's a lovely little stream. Just big enough to get your feet in, the cool fast water surging up against your shins. Not quite nirivana but it was close. That midge repellent I got also seems to be working well against the local Vashta Nerada

IMAG4010.jpg

Alas the one secluded and relatively flat spot nearby now has a rough gravel cycle-track running through it. Though it doesn't look well used.

IMAG4004.jpg

Two liters of water later I discovered wasn't enough and like an idiot I wasn't packing any puritabs or the Sawyer filter. Boiling the water was annoying but waiting for it to cool enough to drink, now that was dam excruciating.
IMAG4012.jpg

Thankfully mother nature provided a cool breeze, soft grass and birdsong for entertainment. I dozed gently with one eye on the sheep nearby stalking me dreaming of the beer in the fridge. (headphone warning)

Today I'm paying for it with a bag of frozen peas on my ankle trying to get the swelling down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE