penicuik estate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 3, 2011
penicuik
i went for a dunder with the 3 dogs up on the estate moors this afternoon, had a wee sit down and a swig of slo gin out the hip flask :) as the sun went down and got 1 or 2 snaps, more snow forcast for tonight so ill go up and get a couple more tommorow.

2010snow164ps.jpg

cheers

paul

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Thanks for posting. I lived in Penicuik for 14 years! Many happy memories of walking through the estate and in the Pentlands. The woods on the estate were good for hedgehog fungi.
Cheers,
Doug.

Jan 3, 2011
penicuik
cheers folks, good to see some folk that have lived here,ive only lived here for about 5 years now but worked with the gamekeeper for 4 years on the estate so ive had great plesure in getting to know the place most days , i was back up again on the moor this afternoon and took a shot that i thought looked like a door to heaven or what ever you want it to be lol

2011snow009psMedium.jpg

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
That last pic looks like you just captured a nuclear blast.

I was at my mums house sunday afternoon , she stays near Currie on the other side of the pentlands

The pentlands were the first place i went camping with my mates when we were about 13 and no idea what we were doing!

Craig..............

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Penicuik? Now there's a blast from the past. Lived there with my folks lived there until about the age of 7...

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
Funny to come on the forum and see a pic from my own part of the world. Walked and cycled round the estate many's a time - beautiful place! Not been round for ages, must get that sorted!

Shireman

Jan 16, 2011
West Lothian
I liked it around there , glencorse and the castlelaw ranges , brought a few memories back .Sitting in the back of the 4 tonner. The good old day's :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE