Peanut lighter O-Rings

Sep 24, 2005
Aberdeenshire
Not sure where you could get a replacement from, but in the past I have used a small elastic band for an O ring which worked well. You could also try cutting out a leather washer to fit, which would last for ages. I've done this in the past to replace airgun breech seals. Almost as good as the silicon rubber ones if you keep them greased.
Hope this helps.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I had to find a new O-ring for my step Dad's air pistol. He gave up looking at all the usual outlets. Finally found a suitable one as a Body Piercing studio.

Yup, beeezarre!

The things people stuff into themselves. Anyway this geezer with more metal in his face than my bike's gearbox has iron in it, opened up a box with multiple compartments and hooked out the relevant 7mm sized one. I bought two for £3, bit pricey but given that no one else I'd asked on God's green earth could supply me with the right size ones I figured I got myself a bargain.

Maybe you'll have similar luck. Just try not to wince when you see his "enhancements" and don't say yes if he asks if you want to see his Prince Albert.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'll have a look in my 'O' ring workshop selection box to see if I have any 7mm one's, if I have, I'll post 'em if you need 'em, FOC.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The tiny little clear elastic bands (some kind of silicon stuff) that girls use to fasten the ends of tiny cornrow braids work fine.

I used one about six months ago and it's still working fine. There's at least 100 in a bag for under a pound.

cheers,
Toddy

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, toddy. nice tip, just found some and they fit spot on. thanks carl
The tiny little clear elastic bands (some kind of silicon stuff) that girls use to fasten the ends of tiny cornrow braids work fine.

I used one about six months ago and it's still working fine. There's at least 100 in a bag for under a pound.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE