Paying it forward

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
It's very cool that people dont mind passing on equiptment safe in the knowledge that the reciever would pass on their unused stuff.

I'm an 18yr old student, so im pretty poor! I'm trying to get a collection on the go but its not working to well without much money, so if anyone has anything they would like to send my way feel very free :p

shame i dont get to check these forums much as i know the items go quick! i guess i may be lucky sometime :(

Regards

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Keep looking Bunnerz, theres a few more bits to come! Weaver is sending some line over from the states and Leon B still has some bits available.

What were you looking for BTW?

Red

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
Thanks for the link! cant be greedy though I already have a couple of mess tins

Im after anything really. I help an old tutor from college teach bushcraft as I have the skills (just not the equiptment), hes got most of the stuff we need. I just use his, but when I start getting out alone and get along to some of the meets, im gunnu have to invest in some stuff.

I pretty much just have a simple Mora Clipper (which needs a good sharpen), flint and striker, a home made leather pouch, mess tins....and thats basicaly it in the way of equiptment!

Obviously I have a couple bags and all clothing etc, its just I need to build up my equiptment with some better knifes, Im looking to buy a hatchet, small stove, a decent tarp, and other essentials (ok ok the knife is the only essential...but you know what I mean :lmao: )

Oh and also after a sharpening stone? I guess they arent expensive though so if anyone has any simple advice?

Regards

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Bunnerz,

Take a look at the £5 sharpening kit here - that'll take care of both your home and field sharpening needs mate

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=11571

If you need any of the papers etc. or a bit of guidance in getting started, just give me a shout. I'm going to have a dig through my gear soon, if I come across a stove, I'll give you a call - probably only be a hexi job though :eek:

Red

leon-1

It's a cheap affordable sharpening kit.

Effectively some bits of wood or board with Wet 'n' Dry attached to them in various grades. It means rather than forking out a lot of money for an expensive set of stones you pay for a few bits of wood and some wet 'n' dry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE