Pay as you go phone with GPS, camera, internet and long battery life ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
the beat charger i have found foe the iphone is a product called proporta turbo charger, it gives you 5 full charges, and does them very quickly, has really helped when i'm out for 3 or 4 days.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
I've been using viewranger myself for a bit too and quite like it, some good features and new ones all the time with updates. you can record tracks, convert them to routes and export them for viewing on a pc, routes can also be uploaded, by just copying them to your viewranger folder on the sd card. Another feature which i sure i read that the mounting rescue are using is the "buddy beacon", basically it transmits your location to another viewranger device or a secure webpage, maybe handy if you get in trouble or are late returing. locus is also good and free with adds (android) lots of differant maps to choose from including os maps, a network siganl is required to update maps, it's suposed to be possible to download sections of the maps to your sd card, but i have never been able to view them off line after doing this, it can be used for geocaching too.

yea i have nokia 5230 less than £100 on o2 payas you go with viewranger all national parks 1:50000 £30 ish gps on os map!
can buy any other areas to download too. One tip is to disable the inernet based service that supposedly makes the gps more accurate, i found it makes no discernable diffrerence and impproves battery lifeand reduces call costs on straight pay as you go. phone battery extenders using standard batteries cheap (pound shops) or use solar, i use freeloader pico

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Anyone know what the Samsung Galaxy Mini or the Experia X10 mini are like? They both look good according to the specs.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I am a new, proud owner of a Samsing Galaxy SII! Went for the newest and best.

Anyone know a good android app? Or which is best OS based mapping software for it? Viewranger or Memory map?? Want ot use the GPS better when in the hills (Lakes mostly). Anyoe know if Harvey maps or those BMC maps are available in software for phones and PCs?

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
New Samsung Immerse. Rugged to the higher spec, camera, FM, compass, altimeter, GPS, pedometer, torch, internet, google with maps, facebook, email etc. Sim free. £109. Might as well be a swiss army knife.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE