PatrickM Tutorials

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I am sure that the quality of the PatrickM tutorials has been noticed by all. It would be a real shame for these to just disappear of the front page of the forums as more posts come along. Can someone ask Patrick if these can be incorporated into the main site?

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
...Never mind keeping his work to this forum, Patrick could make a fortune publishing them in a book or on CD.

I for one would pay for a copy to use at my convenience. ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I agree entirely Ogri - the quality and detail of these tutorials is arguably better than anything we see in print or on TV and it would be nice to think Patrick received some reward for sharing his skills with others.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Ogri the trog said:
...Never mind keeping his work to this forum, Patrick could make a fortune publishing them in a book or on CD.

I for one would pay for a copy to use at my convenience. ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

Yep,this is first rate stuff.

Might be a candidate for staff member in any printed BCUK magazine. :cool:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Rest assured they are being kept. and put in the articles section on the main web site.
I agree they are very inspiring tutorials...

Mark

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
falcon said:
I agree entirely Ogri - the quality and detail of these tutorials is arguably better than anything we see in print or on TV and it would be nice to think Patrick received some reward for sharing his skills with others.

Here here!

I couldnt agree more.

I've been blown away by every single tutorial I've seen.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Motorbike Man said:
With Patrick’s permission, it wouldn't be difficult to collect them together into a PDF document.

When they are all on the front page in a few weeks you can just print them off when you want to follow them and the front page will automatically be updated every time Patrick adds a new article. That’s what its there for

He could indeed but this forum is all about providing knowledge to people for free.
This knowledge is after all mankind’s legacy and should be available to everyone.

Think of this place as a library, not a bookshop

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
gregorach said:
Give the man his own TV show... ;) ;)
Would you really want to share your living room with this ???

uglymug.jpg

- Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to make a toothbrush ?

But seriously folks, you're making me blush here. Your comments are very kind,
but as Stuart has said, articles posted here are for free use by all.

To be honest, I'm probably more suited to the backwoods than your goggle box !

dirtydick.jpg

:) PS They're not really my teeth, honest :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Patrick and Stuart,
I accept your comments about sharing knowledge. I was, by my post, letting you know that knowledge of such value should not be treated lightly.
Sometimes it seems as though our vote of thanks are barely enough.

We are indebted to you Patrick, thank you.

Ogri the trog

Fire Starter

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2005
England
.I wouldn't bother brushing those teeth Patrick, just grind them down on a stone or get them pulled and make arrowheads.

This knowledge is after all mankind’s legacy and should be available to everyone.

Think of this place as a library, not a bookshop[/QUOTE]

I don't altogether agree with that. When I wanted to find out about the various foods that I could eat from the wilds I stumped out my hard earned cash for Richard Mabeys "Food for Free". He was right, the food is for free.... but I had to buy the book to find that out. And that wasn't free!

A mate of mine attended a Ray Mears talk and afterwards went up to ask him a question. The reply was "come on a course and you will find out". In other words, it'll cost you (mankind's legacy .. ££££). I dont think so

We all live in the real world and people make a living out of selling information and knowledge based skills but it is a credit to people like Patrick and other people on this site who share this with us for free

I for one, wish to thank them and this site for that

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE