Part of the furniture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
FYI

We had a member who extensively posted in the Welcome section, to 'up' his postcount. It caught our eye as he went back into several week old thread, and we deleted all his repetitive posts as spam. Setting him back a few hundred posts.

Did he have a history of welcoming people to the forum via the "welcome" section? And did he openly comment on his choice to no longer participate in the "welcome" threads due to his belief that posting extensively in the "welcome" threads was unfairly increasing his post count? And was it then suggested to him by a long standing member of good repute that he shouldn't stop welcoming people to the forum because of his own reluctance to "unfairly increase his post count"? And did he ignore that advice and cease to welcome new members because he felt uncomfortable with playing the system to his own advantage?

Or was that just me? :dunno:

I don't like being called a "wanderer", for personal reasons that I'm not going to go into. Because of that I'm going to make a concerted effort to contribute more to the forum than I have been recently. Yes, that is because I want to get my post count up, but no, I don't think that it detracts from the worth of my contributions to this forum. I have welcomed new members to the forum in just the same way as I used to, and I've tried to contribute positively to threads that I would normally just have read and enjoyed, and I hope to continue to do both.

I'm sorry if any offence was taken at my "best get chatting rubbish then" comment. It was a comment intended to be taken lightly, although having looked back on it again I understand how it could easily be taken out of context. My sincerest apologies.

I'm sorry that this thread has been dragged so far off course, I'll duck out now.

All the best,

Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Small feet............................................ to get them closer to the sink and cooker

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I'll get my coat :sulkoff:

Oi!....small feet are normal among my family females, but so is high IQ, and creative hands :D

shaggystu we know you, and have no concerns about you boosting your post counts. The fellow mentioned previously we did wonder about, especially when he started welcoming people who had joined months before he did as he trawled his way back through the Intro's forum.

It's easy to get a high post count; just join the conversations :D :cool:

cheers,
M

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Stu's best welcomes are when you meet him and he puts you completely at ease with his good natured helpfulness in the woods, sharing knowledge and guiding with tact wayyyy in advance of his tender years ;)

It's not that long ago that I remember being welcomed on my first thread and being hugely impressed with the freindliness. Now I realise a lot of the comments were stock words to post harvest, but what I didn't know, didn't hurt me :) I'm glad you've changed the wording, powers-that-listen, it's much nicer. Don't you listen to young Elen now because if anyone calls me a 'Femme de la Maison', I will begin throwing my toys out of the pram and most of them are sharp and heavy ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I do not get why folk want to increase their post count - if you take part in the "1000 post comps" then you will lose out financially every 1000 posts!
I gave up the comps after my 10,000 (I will hold one for my 20,000th) as I was running out of prizes!
My count is high coz I talk too much!
What comes after "Wayfarer"?

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Stu's best welcomes are when you meet him and he puts you completely at ease with his good natured helpfulness in the woods, sharing knowledge and guiding with tact wayyyy in advance of his tender years ;)

It's not that long ago that I remember being welcomed on my first thread and being hugely impressed with the freindliness. Now I realise a lot of the comments were stock words to post harvest, but what I didn't know, didn't hurt me :) I'm glad you've changed the wording, powers-that-listen, it's much nicer. Don't you listen to young Elen now because if anyone calls me a 'Femme de la Maison', I will begin throwing my toys out of the pram and most of them are sharp and heavy ;)

Sharp and heavy? Elen needs to add 'Dominatrix' then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I do not get why folk want to increase their post count - if you take part in the "1000 post comps" then you will lose out financially every 1000 posts!
I gave up the comps after my 10,000 (I will hold one for my 20,000th) as I was running out of prizes!
My count is high coz I talk too much!
What comes after "Wayfarer"?

Patron Saint.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE