parchment/greaseproof paper?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's looking good :)....bet the house smells wonderful and you're peckish :D

BR I use those type of sheets a lot these days, and they are absolutely brilliant. I bought some in Sainsbury's that were four times the price as the £store ones and they're the same stuff inside the box :rolleyes:
They even peel cleanly off gluten free bread :D which is a blooming miracle in itself :)

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I like the sound of the Teflon ones - be good for baking things in puff pastry on - which is a devil for sticking :(

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
That's looking good :)....bet the house smells wonderful and you're peckish :D

BR I use those type of sheets a lot these days, and they are absolutely brilliant. I bought some in Sainsbury's that were four times the price as the £store ones and they're the same stuff inside the box :rolleyes:
They even peel cleanly off gluten free bread :D which is a blooming miracle in itself :)

M

i made such a big batch, it filled my entire wok lol! got 3 portions dehydrating, just eaten a big plate for dinner, got a portion in the fridge for lunch at work tomorrow and 2 portions in the freezer :)

my housemates still think im weird dehydrating food, but they both said it smelt nice :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The teflon stuff and the silicon brown are both excellent for pastry BR. I used the black stuff last night to line the trays that I cooked mini veggie pasties upon, and the day before for gingernuts :) I just wash them under the hot tap and dry with a kitchen towel. No stick, no taint, last for ages :D

tom.moran, BR's right, but wait until you try drying fruit leathers :D :D

M

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
STOP IT, im not buying a canner lol

definitely want to do some fruit leathers for the kids, i got a load of strawberries and pears in the fridge that im going to dry midweek, might make some into a leather

also doing home made power bars for snacks this weekend

i love food

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
chilli is done after 24 hours, its very brittle but not hard. the teflon sheets have worked very well, they dont feel 'changed' from the process at all and all the chilli just slip straight off leaving only crumbs which washed off just running under the tap, not sure id have needed a sponge or fairy but i used it anyway just to be sure. all in all great for £2 a throw

few pictures

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent - I'm delighted the Teflon sheets worked for you (would have felt a muppet if they didn't )

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nicely done :D

Those silicon sheet things are just excellent, they really are.

Did you do a before and after weight perchance ? Interesting to see just how much the difference actually is.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The black stuff is £2 in Tesco, or £1.69 in Lidl's just now.
The slightly breathable stuff (still doesn't let juice drip through, but seems to let food dry a little quicker, the sort of toffee coloured stuff, is £1 a sheet in Poundland.

I have both of the two black sheets, and the expensive one from Sainsbury's, and they are all the same stuff inside the boxes.

They all work really well :)

cheers,
Toddy

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
The black stuff is £2 in Tesco, or £1.69 in Lidl's just now.
The slightly breathable stuff (still doesn't let juice drip through, but seems to let food dry a little quicker, the sort of toffee coloured stuff, is £1 a sheet in Poundland.

I have both of the two black sheets, and the expensive one from Sainsbury's, and they are all the same stuff inside the boxes.

They all work really well :)

cheers,
Toddy

I'll invest in some then me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The toffee coloured stuff ....if you cut a bit to fit the bottom of your billie, then you can fry in it without anything sticking to the pot :D :D
It also lets you bake bannock or bread without it sticking or burning black in the pot too :cool:
I got two circles out of one sheet, and the scraps lined the fancy shaped tart tins that I use at home as well :)

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE