Paramo's owner has sold nikwax and paramo!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
To all you Paramo fans Nick Brown has sold both nikwax and paramo. Don't worry he's sold to an EOT or employees ownership trust. Basically if you work for those companies you are a owner or have a share in it. Once you leave that ends. Basically I think it means it can't be sold out from under the employees that easily. Hopefully it also means continuity and a solid future.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Sorry but I did try to give that impression with the title and first sentence!

Is still possibly good news. I think that there's still scope for Paramo to improve their offerings. They're still not supplying a full, modern range of designs IMHO. I wonder whether this change could enable further modernisation of their designs whilst maintaining some older designs for existing fans of them.

As to nikwax I'm not a fan really. They once released a sun protection lotion with insect repellent that I think isn't made now. It left my whole torso and parts of my legs covered in hives that kept me from sleeping. I've never before or after had such a reaction and it took a few weeks To go after I binned it. I needed I was told to take anti histamines twice a day and if it's bad I could take a third, that's two or three "one a day tablets" to cope with it. I've never had an allergic reaction to any chemical before or since so I think they had an issue with the formulation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE