Paramo and Barbour- re-conditioning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Not a new thing I know, but I have just sent off a 25 year old Barbour jacket which had seen a lot of use and abuse, and it has been returned good as new for £70, which if you add to the original cost of the item and divide by the number of years use means its amazing value.
Similarly a pair of Paramo trousers and a jacket which were the worse for wear are now like new and ready for more hard use.
In a throwaway world, it is good to see two companies helping make good kit last a long time, and I am delighted with the results of both.
No connection to either, just a happy bunny !

Jackdaw

The last time I sent a Barbour in for a re-wax I was only charged £29.00 which included postage. Have the prices gone up or did they repair it as well?

They did a fantastic job. They also recommend that garments are re-waxed every year.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Sorry, should have made it clear that the Barbour was in a real hammered state, I have had some new lining put in, zip sewn back in, holes patched, pockets restitched, frayed cuffs hemmed- it was a lot of work.
You can print off a menu for repairs from the Barbour website, it gives the price of each item, and I must say that I feel it was good value given the wrecked state it was in and the as new look now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE