Paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Not meaning to be awkward, but so what?

it is all ways advisable to buy from the importer/manufacturer if you know who they are

I dont think its on there website, but they are the importers of all things blackhawk so if its sold by them they'll get hold of it for you

it does seem a little extreame to go all the way to the US to get your paracord (the US specification for paracord is different to ours anyway)

if you want real british paracord from a reliable supplier then go to:

http://www.sass-kit.fsbusiness.co.uk/

Personal Pack - 15m: £2.99
Full Reel - 100m: £24.50

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Oops, I edited my post while you were quoting me Stuart, sorry.

Actually, in this instance, ODS was asked to bulk supply a number of BB members with US 550 paracord. It would seem there is a demand for it, from this thread too.

Why is it advisable to buy from edgar brothers? It seems like at lot of hassle to ask them to import some just for me, especially if someone else is happy to import some in bulk and send me some of that.

I'm not trying to be contrary, I think I'm just not getting it.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Y'know it seems to me like there's an opportunity here for an enterprising retailer. Blackhawk dont manufacture the paracord, they just re-badge it and retail it. Seems to me like someone could look for a manufacturer of genuine 550 paracord and arrange an import deal easily enough, and at a very competative price too. The bushcraft crowd certainly seem to want the US made stuff. I would think it would sell quite well. :wink:

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/parachute_cord.htm
http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page65.shtml
http://www.1starmy.com/Secure/ecommerce/details.asp?prdn=2022
http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.co...&Product_Code=023638&Category_Code=37
http://www.omahas.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=16_79

S

Strider

Stuart,
is the stuff from SASS the real deal..with inner strands n such..

Blimey..this is a lot of fuss over sum string..but i suppose its worth it. If your going to be sold 'parachord'..it might as well actually be parachord..

Cheers,
Lawrence.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
All the Paracord i have had from SASS in the past have been the real stuff
they have a very good reputation so i would be very suprised if they ever sent out fake stuff

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Stuart said:
they have a very good reputation so i would be very suprised if they ever sent out fake stuff

Their pricing is a bit crazy though - it is cheaper to buy 7 personal packs (£20.93 for 105 metres) than it is to buy a full reel (£24.50 for 100 metres)!!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
boaty said:
Stuart said:

Their pricing is a bit crazy though - it is cheaper to buy 7 personal packs (£20.93 for 105 metres) than it is to buy a full reel (£24.50 for 100 metres)!!

:lol: good point, No idea why though

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Just to add to the comments on SASS - I've bought and used quite a lot of their kit over the years and found it fantastic; my wee brother used to live in Lancaster and reckoned they were nice people to boot :)

(errm, no not "to boot" as in the verb... :shock: )

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
Stuart said:

Stuart

Does it have seven inner strands? This is the genuine issue 'paracord'. There are others with six inner strands etc but this is not as strong.

S

Strider

I recently liberated quite a bit of parachord from an old British cargo chute... its white, and has 5 inner strands as apposed to the usual, i thought, 7...
Whats going on?- i know its real, just why less or more strands?

Cheers.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
yes the SASS stuff is absolutly genuine ever time i have had some off them it is the green severn strand type

The cargo chute stuff is also genuine paracord and has 5 inner strands and is white with short black lines on it

the cargo cord is stronger i belive than the green type, but is also for a larger diameter

remember that there are differant types of genuine paracord!!!!!!
they dont you the same cord on cargo chutes as the use on personel chutes

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Stuart said:
yes the SASS stuff is absolutly genuine ever time i have had some off them it is the green severn strand type

The cargo chute stuff is also genuine paracord and has 5 inner strands and is white with short black lines on it

the cargo cord is stronger i belive than the green type, but is also for a larger diameter

remember that there are differant types of genuine paracord!!!!!!
they dont you the same cord on cargo chutes as the use on personel chutes

i orderd some and its only got a breaking strain of 20 kilos on the back of the packet wish hadent botherd ordering it now :-( :-( :-(

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
There's that many posts on this I'm getting confused just going through them all...could someone please tell me...did we finally find a source to get some decent paracord? and if so, could I have the details please?

Best Regards,
:confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE