Paracord Supplier -Five Star Cord

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello everyone.

Have had recent dealing with Five Star Cord and wished to advise everyone of there existence as a happy customer.

http://www.fivestarcord.co.uk/

Five Star Cord are able to supply the full range of Genuine 550 Paracord and are happy to supply on a 'Foot-by-Foot" basis, the average cost for a foot of Paracord at time of writing is 16p.
This obviously means you can purchase just enough Paracord for your requirements and no more. This would make certain tasks and hobby projects far more flexible in the execution.

Five Star Cords also supply on the same basis Cave Diving Line ,which will absorb light energy and then 'emit' once placed in the dark.
The Cave Diving Line is supplied in 3 different sizes 1/16" (1.6mm) , 3/32" (2.5mm) and 1/8" ( 3.2mm )

Needles to say I think the Cave Diving Line is useful stuff around Camp. Stick it on Bergan Zips , Knife Sheaths , Axe's etc and anything else you need to find quickly in the dark and avoid losing.
Would also be very useful to replace all ridges and guides lines for Hammock and Tarp user's to stop tripping over your own kit during the Night when answering the call of Nature.

The Guy who runs Five Star Cords also supplies Lanyards , Latches Clasp, Clips and Split rings which makes it a very useful place as with one single order you can secure all the items for a bushcrafty Paracord related project instead of faffing around going from shop to shop.

From the front website it looks like they will also be supplying some more products in the Leather , Webbing and Tool range although no more details at the moment.

Anyway , that the review and I hope its of use to some of you.

Just for the Statement, I have no affiliation with Five Star Cords or Joseph Echols , just a happy customer who wished to inform others of their excellent service.

Cheers.

TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Its been suggested to me on "another" Bushcrafty Forum that the above sound a bit s - p - a - m - i - s - h .

Just for the record and to keep the peace , If anyone here suspects the same , please make it known and I will be more then happy to get the Mods to delete the lot.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
brilliant. I'd found the existance of the company from somewhere (think it was in a post here, but i could be wrong), but wasn't sure weather they where genuine or not. I was about to post a question on it, when I saw this thread.
as it seems they are ok, I might have to look at putting in an order.

just a shame they don't sell GID para-cord. that would be awesome.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Its been suggested to me on "another" Bushcrafty Forum that the above sound a bit s - p - a - m - i - s - h .

Just for the record and to keep the peace , If anyone here suspects the same , please make it known and I will be more then happy to get the Mods to delete the lot.
Hi TeeDee, I don't know what you mean :eek: :D

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Had a quick look at their site, and to be honest it looks a bit basic to say the least. No paracord available anyway. How long have these guys been trading, any idea?

EDIT refreshed a link and as if by magic paracord was there.. lol hmmm

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just to say , if you are looking for a large amount of Paracord ( circa 100 -1000 ft ) I don't think price wise 5star cord will be the best option as even my feeble maths suggest 100 ft would come to , er, ( scribble,scriblle , erm ,carry the one... ) £16.00 .

I am sure i have seen somewhere here someone selling 100ft bundles for around £8 -£10?
So it not the best volume wise but range and getting exactly what you want , i think its worth a look.

PS Not saying the guy who does own it will NOT sell volume cheaper, if asked? Maybe worth asking , Its gott be easier on him?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Are you sure its 16p per meter and not per foot?

If it is per foot then its really not worth buying from them. It is very expensive

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hill Bill , I agree and disagree , If you just want 10-15 ft for a Paracord Bracelet as some Bushies do in a range of colours ( esp. If you are going to sell it on ,Check out e-bay ) then you are getting just what you want.

If you want a large length of Paracord then there are better , cheaper sources.

If you know of anywhere else that is happy to sell "foot-by-foot" please tell me. I know that is going to sound like/come across as a challenge , its most def not , if you do know of anywhere that does a sim service on that basis i will change my allegiance quickly.

I am also interested in the best price on 100 -1000ft of paracord without resorting to ordering it directly from the USA.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just as an exercise , for those who want more substantial amounts I have had a look at the Supply Captain Website;

I work out ( please verify for yourself )

If i ordered One 1000ft Spool of Paracord 550 in whatever colour it works to be $48.00 plus the shipping which i make out to be another $20.00 ,so lets say $70.00 all in . at the current rate of exchange that would be £47.00 delivered to your door for a 1000 FT Reel ( One colour ) which would work out on a foot by foot basis to 4.7p ( lets say 5p ) per foot , which is obviously far cheaper then 16 per foot.

16p Vs 5p ?? For small amounts I am happy to pay the extra and use 5star but as there may be interest in larger amounts I am also open to the possiblity of organizing a Group buy??

Or I could attemp to neg a discounted rate with 5 star cords??

Thought? Who wants 1000ft reel? 100ft?

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
TeeDee - I'm not sure what you are trying to put forward. Are you wanting to do a group buy,if so I advise you contact any supplier to ask what their bulk purchase agreements would be. If not, I'm not sure why you are really making an issue of this. There have been loads of paracord threads in the past, and many link to various suppliers.

Most paracord sold isn't the 'holy grail' of paracords - by that I mean it is usually some cheap imitation of the original 7 strand kind. However, with that said, it really depends on what you are wanting to use it for. Most UK shops that I've saw recently sell 100 meters of paracord ( cheap copy sort ) for around ten pounds plus post and packing. Purlon is an alternative, which someone in this forum mentioned. This can be obtained from many suppliers too, for around the same price of paracord. Have a look at trueways shop to see what I mean.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Nagual , I don't understand where you think I am making an issue of this??

I started by just by offering my opinion on what i thought was a good service at reasonable cost. Period.

We then discussed various costs.

The 'issue' is what?

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Looks like an interesting shop.

Especially considering selling all sorts of harness making stuff.

Might be worth just contacting him, and saying offering rolls, or drums could be a good idea.

Even just putting up a message, saying if you want more than a certain amount contact me.

From what I read he is claming to be selling the US 7 cord stuff, so for small amount I would be tempted, and if he gets the price right, even for big amounts. There is a big diffrence in the real stuff, and what a lot of major camping stores sell as paracord.

Have sent him an email, ref - what length he is selling in, because it is not very clear at the site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE