Paracord and gorilla tape safe the day on family vacation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Paracord and gorilla tape save the day on family vacation.

Two of the most important things I bring on a trip have repeatedly proven to be paracord and gorilla tape. Many family vacations ago I completely rebuilt the bottom basket of our double stroller with gorilla tape. That gorilla basket has lasted half dozen years. I've fixed flip flops, tied balcony chairs back from railing to keep curious little ones from climbing for a view over the bannister, hung wet bathing suits or backpacks from the stroller, makeshift belt when I'd forgotten to pack one, tied a piece of luggage to piggy back on another, hung bags from luggage carts, replaced broken zipper pulls, discreetly tied bags to chair or other item to prevent grab/run theft, string 6+ plastic coffee mugs together for carrying and countless other uses. My most recent trip was no different and again 550 cord came to the rescue. Late on our last evening after a long final day we put the kids to bed and packed up. The main bag was a large suitcase to be packed with 50 lbs of clothing. This trusty piece of luggage had been around for well over 20 years and finally decided it was time to quit. The main zipper irreparably failed, first from one side then from the other. Our flight was early morning; only a few hours away. Paracord to the rescue! This trip I didn't bring the usual full roll of gorilla tape (which made the stroller repair possible years ago); just a couple yards around a golf pencil. I also only had paracord scraps maybe 20' in total. Still, I was able to secure the bag as you see in the photo, and it made it home in the exact same state! Lesson learned - bring more gorilla tape (a roll) and 25' minimum of paracord.
C4E3E64B-0EF9-4781-85B7-59F7795338A6_zpsgejcz5s2.jpg

8D1892B2-1BC2-4487-BD02-073B626346C7_zpsego5tdyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE