Parachute shelter centre pole

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
The last time i was down at Anchor Supplies at Ripley, just after Christmas, they had a big container full of thick wall alloy pole sections 1" diameter and 4'6" long (including connecting sleeve). I bought a couple to experiment with and they are pretty strong. I think they were about £2 each.

Alan

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Go into Wilkinsons, they sell adjustable clothes line poles, easily handles the weight of a chute (I've done it), tall enough and costs £3.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
cheers everyone for your input, i managed to find some old box section gazebo legs, the type that are retractable and i chopped the legs off three of them to inlock into each other.

:D happy days

NikDarkwood

Sep 2, 2009
Hampshire
I've used a 5metre paint roller pole from b and q it worked a treat on a big guyed cargo chute. Did try a carbon roach pole but it shattered after a week.
Old two piece windsurfer masts are great. Massively strong, easy length to pack, and really light.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE