Panda Internet Security

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Ok i have a full protection suite that i bought today I went and bought Panda internet security 2009 for £34.99.

Took it home and it would not work for my PC so took it back to the shop it worked on her one but said she can't exchange it or give me my money back as I had opened it and might have registered it in the whole 23 mins hat I had to take home and found it wasn't working and brought it back to the shop.

Anyway the point is it works just not with my PC as she proved by loading it on hers so to me it's usless, and i have went and bought a suite of mcafee online one.(Yeh i know i should have done that in the first place)
So im now selling the the £35 program which is unused in the sense that it had not been installed nor registered and the disc is unmarked the only thing is that has been opened.

--------------------------------------------------

Its litrally a few hours old and ill sell it for £25 including p&p just pm me or right here for any questions etc.

Regards

Lodian

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
what a load of rubbish, they should replace it. Speak to the manager and ask them to explain and show you in writting, ask for a copy so you can take it to the local trading standards office. Grrrrrrrrr far to many idiots work in shops, whole reason why i do most shopping online now, pathetic customer service is far to common

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
I did sort of suggest that had it been an item of clothing would i have the samre problem and that iw as simply returining an item that A I was not happy with and B it was no compatible with my pc.

To which she replied:

"The Problem is that for all they know i could have copied all the files and used the registration code" Which i can bet my life on i didnt.

Like i said i was back in the shop within 30 mins.

Will go to the TS website and have a look.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
AVG is top rate, very good, and saved my bacon a few time in the past. Some of the nurses in work come to me when their PC's play up, a common factor is that they are using AOL or McCrappy

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Ok i have a full protection suite that i bought today I went and bought Panda internet security 2009 for £34.99.

Not from PC world by any chance I bought Intervidio DVD copy pro same story got it home would not load on my pc but worked on theirs they would not change it or give a refund I found out afterwards that it was a compatability problem, the pc they use has only a operating system on it so very few programs Would not work.....

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
You may have some redress under the sale of goods act if the software isn't "FIT FOR PURPOSE"

Goods should be of satisfactory quality and as described.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 ensures goods should be of satisfactory quality and fit to do the job intended for them. Fit for purpose means both generally e.g. hi-fi speakers should play music but also specifically for any purpose you've asked. E.g. if you've asked ‘will they fit my Hitachi Hi-fi?', and been told yes, but it doesn't then it wasn't fit for the purpose specified.

Although the software works on her PC if it doesn't work on yours then it's not "FIT FOR PURPOSE"
Is hers XP?? Is yours VISTA Is hers a 32bit machine?? is yours 64bit?? etc etc

Examine goods and complain immediately.

The amount of time you have to check whether goods are faulty depends on what is reasonable for that product. E.g. it takes longer to check a speedboat than a kettle. However in truth you really should try and complain within a week. Do that and you are entitled to a full refund.

Leave it longer and providing the goods were faulty when you bought them your right to a full refund may be lost. However you're still entitled to a replacement, a reduction, or a credit note.

Proving goods were faulty when you bought them.

Where the goods are faulty, take them back within 6 months and the shop has to prove they WERE NOT faulty when you bought them. After 6 months you must prove they WERE faulty when you bought them.

By law you have up to six years to make a complaint, but this doesn't mean goods must last six years, they must last what most people would consider to be a ‘reasonable' length of time. So if there is wear and tear that breaks the product then the likelihood is you have no claim. Yet if it was an unreasonable fault, you do.

If there is an argument over whether the goods are faulty or not – the burden of proof is on the consumer.

When you're not covered.

If you knew the goods were faulty when you bought them.

If you've seen them anywhere else cheaper.

If you bought the goods for the wrong purpose.

However, though you don't have a right this doesn't mean you shouldn't ask. Many shops will allow it.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
As has been said above, take it back and demand a refund or atleast a credit note !
I hate the excuse
"The Problem is that for all they know i could have copied all the files and used the registration code" So they are basically accusing you of theft and software fraud ? Take in a letter stating that you have not used the registration code and sign it. Give the letter to the manager and ask for a refund. Really wind me up these tinpot It suppliers...

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu

I think people waste money on this sort of thing ;)

1. Most modems already have a firewall or at least NAT
2. Its cheaper to use and old pc with linux on as a firewall than the other products
3. if you don't have any webservers or ftp servers running then there is nothing the outside can connect to anyhow..

my 2 pennies worth but then Im just an ICT/Security gu:lurk:y !

But anyhow, they should have taken it back and don't get fobbed off with a coupon either as thats illegal!

They have this in stores to stop you takin git home and copying the software then returning it.

Agreed on returning it. If you end up with no joy from the shop - contact the company and see if they can do something about it.

Another free option is Zone Alarm firewall and Avira AntiVir for virus protection. I've had no problems since putting either on.
I had McAfee (it came with the computer) at first and it was hassle non-stop. Their updates aren't the quickest to respond to new threats and the software was constantly harassing me to confirm my subscription by going on their website. The minute the subscription was over it was gone.

I do use a firewall while behind a Router for a few reasons. One being the inherent insecurity of wireless networking, another being that I move around with my computer and use it on different networks (often wireless) so having a firewall that comes with me is a bonus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE