Pak a yak inflatable canoe

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Looks alright, i don't have one of those but i do have an Intex Explorer K2 Ik and a Sevylor Tahiti Plus Ik (both cost less than the one you linked) and they are both great, out of the two the Intex is far better but also 6 kilo heavier and does not come with its own system that turns it into a backpack once deflated like the tahiti does, although the intex model does come with 2 paddles and a pump and the Tahiti does not come with anything at all

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Glad to share my experiences with them as they are brilliant pieces of kit, if you even have half the fun i have in mine you'll love owning and using one, they can be carried on your back in a backpack, inflated in minutes, very durable for example i have been scraping the bottom of the river tyne for miles at a time lately in this warm weather as the river is really low and nothing but superficial scratches, at times i have been grounded on rocks and literally rocked and shimmied my way off them trying to avoid getting out when knackered, both the ones i have can carry 2 full grown men and baggage weighing well over 200 kilo in total.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I sold my Canadian snake river canoe earlier this year, & miss not having one, so thought an inflatable would be a good compromise, allowing me to get out at short notice. The pak a yak caught my eye with its 200k payload, but I will have a look around at others.

Rob

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I can imagine how much you miss that boat

We have run both ours over 200 kilo no probs, i am currently 110 myself and my brother is 85, so us plus camp kit has never been an issue, i only bought a second one because of how brilliant the Intex had been, wish i'd bought a second intex one and might still do as the seats are far more supporting and it also comes with the skeg and the other extras, whereas i had to buy a skeg separately to go on the tahiti plus as without the tracking was not as desired, still worked but it was fight to keep straight in a current/wind combo. Although they are called inflatable kayaks they handle a lot more like an open canoe.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks again for your input. We have the house up for sale, so I clear off out when I'm not working & we have viewers. Today I went to go outdoors & they had the adventure, both sizes on display, so that gave me chance to have a look at one.

Rob

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You're welcome, first time i hit the rocks on the bottom of the river i winced and was expecting a puncture noise and bubbles, 20 minutes later i was trying to bounce myself off them when i was getting grounded, let me know how it goes when you pick one, i am sure i'll be grabbing another at some point but at the minute it would definitely be another intex Explorer k2 and a backpack to pack it in, those ones you linked look decent too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE