Paddling a hydro dam in Kedah, Malaysia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bandel4

Forager
Nov 19, 2008
Malaysia
www.sepuh-crafts.com
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd share some pics of a paddling trip I did a few weeks back with a mate, Nadir. Nadir is here some where on BCUK but not sure what's his username.
5 days 4 nights, the two of us paddled the Ulu Muda dam, located in the state of Kedah, Peninsula Malaysia. A man-made hydro lake, this dam is near the border of Thailand.
Both of us have cameras but obviously all the pics on my camera consists of Nadir :)

IMG_5633.jpg

At the start of our paddle. Took us about 4.5hours to cover 15km with a few stops to get to our campsite.

IMG_5899.jpg

It was raining season. The water level risen considerably. This is an area where most of the trees have been submerged in water.

IMG_5861.jpg

Some of the dead trees submerged in water makes good pics.

IMG_5730.jpg

Nadir's 6 years old Parang. Nadir used to be a hardcore mountain climber and this Parang has been with him to many places. His 'recent' addition is the Mora.

IMG_5716.jpg

Some bushcraft stuff we worked on. Nadir testing the bench he made with jungle vines as cordage.

IMG_5744.jpg

Working on wooden spoons.

IMG_5828.jpg

Well...I believe these are M16 shells. Which mean the military has been doing some hunting or practice here.

IMG_5891.jpg

We decided to check one of the many nets put out by the locals. Some of the biggest fishes I have ever seen!!

So, if ever any of BCUK members wanna drop by and pay this place a visit, let us know!! Can't wait for a second trip.

Cheers,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE