Packing eggs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
Tor helge said:
When I bring eggs I usually crack them in a wide mouth plastic bottle before leaving home. That way I don`t worry about breaking the eggs.
The fried content is however more of an omelet :) .

Tor
my method is similar to Tor's, I put cracked eggs in a thermos bottle. With a little practice you can pour out a yolk and enough white to fry an egg :D

Spawned

Aug 2, 2005
nooky said:
I just got mine from Sainsburys in the baking section - but if you have tried your local and they cant help then you could try here:
http://www.1940.co.uk/acatalog/Miscellaneous.html
Just scroll down until you find the tube of powdered eggs.
P&P is about £1.50 according to the site.
hope this helps.
Andrew.

Hello all,

The best powdered eggs i have come accross are not from supermarkets which are only suitable as part of baking ingredients and not very good in my opinion.
The best ones are the one's that come in the army rations packs which you can buy on ebay as part of the 10 man 24 hour field rations.
I know it sounds extravagant to buy one of these packs, but.. there are some usefull items in there.

First of all the powdered egg comes in the quantity equivelant to a large 2lb bag of sugar, so there is a lot there, so you can take as much or as little as you wish.
There are also other goodies that you can make use of, such as canned margarine and canned cheese which does not require refridgeration.

And all the rest of the items in the pack you could use at home and add to your larder, which incidentaly has a shelf life left of around 7 years.
This particular powdered egg is the nearest thing you will get to reasonable tasting scrambled eggs.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE