Pacific Crest Trail book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geo.

If any of you have ever considered a really long distance hike, you could be interested in this New Zealander's account of his 2,700 mile solo hike from Mexico to Canada up through the wilderness areas of California, Oregon and Washington. :)
"Dances With Marmots - A Pacific Crest Trail Adventure" ISBN:1411656180
If interested, more info' at Dances With Marmots

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
He couldn't get it published at first so he put the whole book online, obviously now when it's finally published he has removed the online version. I think I still have it in Plucker format if anybody is interested.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
There's also a shortish online account of the trip by John Manning, the first part of 5 is here.

Nov 25, 2005
45 south
Yes, George Spearing's account is a good read. I've read the online version and now the book.
The book is actually slightly different to the version he had online with a few additions - I really enjoyed it. (almost leapt into me boots and headed west!) :)
Mac

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
I enjoyed the online book and am glad he got a publisher. seemed really down to earth guy( well he is a kiwi I suppose),but he made a dream into a reality
now theres a bushcraft skill. : :beerchug:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Bumblebee said:
He couldn't get it published at first so he put the whole book online, obviously now when it's finally published he has removed the online version. I think I still have it in Plucker format if anybody is interested.

Yes please...............Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE