Overnighter at Sprinkling Tarn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Decided to get out for the first camp of the year a couple of weeks ago. Ended up camping under scafell at sprinkling tarn, great to get out and experiance the snow!! not so great having the thermarest decide to pack in on frozen ground!!! We walked up the esk, over great moss, up esk hause and then on to the tarn. The following day to burnmore tarn via wasdale and the on to the woolpack for a deserved pint and chips.

Really enjoyed it and now need to plan the next one planned. Will try and get some more photos when i get them uploaded but for now....

IMAG0305.jpg

bearpark

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Newcastle, UK
Looks great up there. It seems a lot of people are braver than me, heading out into the hills at this time of year.

Maybe I'm just soft.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Some great pics there.

Sprinkling Tarn was my first high level wild camp with Scouts when I was 13, and I always like to pass it if I'm in the area.

I've told my family that it's where I want my ashes scattered. They'll float from there down through my favourite valley, then through my favourite lake where I've done lots of canoeing, then down to the sea via my local river and my hometown.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE