over the counter wasp repellent?

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi just wondering, I'm a Gardener/Bushcraft instructor and wasps have been a problem in the past is there a smell or spray they stay away from.

I can't use chemicals/poisons, wasp "beer" bottle traps, smoke, or fire to burn them on other peoples property.

I don't take any food/sweet drinks with me to work and I don't use sweet smelling soap or deoderant so they aren't usually attracted to me, but sometimes they just seem to hang around, or I have to work in the same area.

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
As with ants I usually try to work _with_ them, rather than against.

I'd try leaving a big dollop of jam away from where you're working, to distract them and keep them happy.

Jim

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
there is an old tale ive never tried where if you tie up a brown paper bag nearby they think its another wasp bike and stay away, or alternatively a can of lilt some 20feet away do the trick.

a woman walks into a garden center and picks up some wasp killer, and asks the clerk "is this any good for bee's" he replies " no it kills them to"

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
In Greece, to keep them away from yer table the tavernas put some Greek coffee on a saucer and let it smoulder, kept the wasps away from us, needless to say I brought a bag home. Havent had the need to use it yet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE