Outside cooking on a new level :D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hello and WARNING! Do not show this to your misses! :D

I've just finished my fireplace. It has been on my mind for a long time and finally I got round to do it. Some first pic's:

548730_4488965472522_586249497_n.jpg

It's a multifunction fireplace, where you can cook barbeques and make stews or soups at the same time. The original idea came from one problem. When we used to chill outdoors and cook something someone always had to go in and check the bloody rice. So I wanted to build a fireplace where you could do both. But when I discussed the idea with my grandpa, he is the builder that knows there kind of things, I also suggested to build another feature, that is on the left side. It's an oven, where you can bake things, like bread, bannocks or pica's. And I likes the concept also because the left side acts like a table top. I got a stone from a friend on mine in Norway, where I just got back from, and brought the thing with me.

480349_4488965872532_1802707442_n.jpg

The pot I got, sets in deeply, therefore there is a lot of space which is being heated so the pot boils up quickly. I'm trying this out with a red deer stew.

76844_4488966432546_264035548_n.jpg

And it's nice to have a work top near the fire, as you can prepare the food outside, I chopped up the bones on a piece of wood with my axe and no problem.
Here I have the rest of ingredients for the stew.

248428_4488966872557_1459901995_n.jpg

So again, I'm very happy with the results, and many many thanks to my grandpa for helping me build this, it has been A LOT of work, some weeks involved and there is A LOT of work next year as it needs a roof, and continuing fence and some bits and bobs and in the end we should have a very cozy place by the house to spend evenings and cook some delishous dished. All for the better of our bellys as this kind of cooking requires no oils or fats ect...

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• 548730_4488965472522_586249497_n.jpg
    548730_4488965472522_586249497_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I love it! I love it! amazing. I wish i had something like that. Where did you get the fire box from for the stove with the pan on. You will have plenty of good evenings there. Will be even better with a roof on it.
Thanks for sharing
jacob

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I love it! I love it! amazing. I wish i had something like that. Where did you get the fire box from for the stove with the pan on. You will have plenty of good evenings there. Will be even better with a roof on it.
Thanks for sharing
jacob

Thanks mate :) these kind of things sells at different shops new or you can look up flee markets. I bought it used in a market. Surely it's easier and cheaper in Lithuania, as it were popular years back and we have plenty of them being demolished now. Shame really as I would love it indoors too.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Love it, looks like something from Bilbo Baggins' world, in the best possible waygoodjob
Well, that's what I like, no straight and square for me personally :) Although one friend has asked me if that was possible to build in straight line? why not!! :)

That is beautiful, and just what we need up our farm :)
It's great when you have fresh food around. Chop it up, chuck it in and stew is on... No mess.

Thanks all!

p.s. dreadhead check your mail I've got one idea.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
OOOOoooooooo That looks amazing.

Unfortunatly if I tried doing something like that in my back yard I'd have the health 'n' safety and building reg. guys turning up telling me I'd need some permit or other to be doing that... :(

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Awesome work! Looks great and will bring plenty of quality outdoor time to be had with family and friends, good stuff!

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
OOOOoooooooo That looks amazing.

Unfortunatly if I tried doing something like that in my back yard I'd have the health 'n' safety and building reg. guys turning up telling me I'd need some permit or other to be doing that... :(

sad isn't it?... In Lithuania if you live in rural area and have a farmers license you can build a HOUSE up to 80 square meters with no permit what so ever....and no one gives a damn what you do in your own back yard.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania

But I get the benefit of friends coming up to me and drinks are all on them :D :D

Awesome work! Looks great and will bring plenty of quality outdoor time to be had with family and friends, good stuff!

That was the original idea. To build a cosy spot just outside the house and have as much of the outdoors as possible in daily life. :)

Thats pretty much a "range" as we would call them here - awesome job!
Don't know what it is but thank you :)

Just attach a small bar to the side and your away... :)

Top job
yeah, why not!

I've been over to Lithuania a few times. Some great camping spots and some cracking food.
Indeed :) One of the reasons why I left London and my old job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE