Outdoor shop in the reading area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Seems I am soon headed to Reading for business, is there any good outdoor shop in the Reading area, I am specifically looking for a karrimor sabre delta 35.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Theres the Cotswold Outdoor/Camping place on the old Basingstoke road, near to the Safeway/Morrisons superstore, no doubt the actual address will be on the Cotswold website.
Theres bound to be more, but thats one that I know of.

ATB

Ogri the trog

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Thanks amigo, basingstoke ! that brings me some far memories... No worries a little google ought to help ;-)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
JM, The Cotswold store is along the B3033 by Whitley and pretty easy to find if you just drive along it. (Like Ogri said, the old Basingstoke Road) Its a pretty good store.

The only other places in Reading that I've ever found are Blacks and Millets, both of which are near to the Broad Street Mall on Saint Mary's Butts. (But i doubt either of them will do the Karrimor sabre sacks, although you may find a civi alternative)

Let us know if you find anywhere more exciting :D

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
IIRC Reading's got a Cotswolds (as discussed), a Millets & Blacks within 20m of each other (literally opposite sides of the road). Just around the corner from those two is Silvertrek, a pricey shop, but they do know their stuff!

There used to be an Army Surplus shop, Storms, but I think that may have closed now.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
God, as my UK trip has been sabotaged by my company, I went to find a karrimor sabre delta 35 by myself, and found a source in germany that sells them for 99 Euro + 12 insured transport in Europe. As the most common price in UK is 99 pounds plus 20 transport in europe, it does cost one third less than a UK retailer price... Indeed being a German shop, they prefer bank transfer to credit card, and have a 15 days delay, but that is worth the saving.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
For those interested,

woodland-equipment.de, and khs-products.com both have then a 99 euro but you'll have to go the German way, Sprechen sie Deutsch ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE