Out at Comrie Croft (pictures)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We went to Comrie Croft for a couple of days, had a great time, we used the katas this time,

comrie9-1.jpg

and I had a night out in the hammock as we had exta folk with us the first night....

comrie1-2.jpg

Weather was raining and cold, but we had a great time, took a short walk up into the hills....

comrie3-2.jpg

comrie5-1.jpg

comrie4-1.jpg

comrie6-2.jpg

comrie7.jpg

comrie8-1.jpg

and spent a fair bit of time round the wood fire in the kata...:campfire:

comrie10.jpg

comrie2-1.jpg

Nice and quiet, we had a go at fire lighting and did a bit of wood carving and birch bark stuff.. As always its a great place to go, and nice to meet George again...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one :) and a timely reminder that we haven't been for a while.

When are you home Graham ? and we could see about a quiet overnighter/weekend with the usual suspects ?

cheers,
M

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'm in the UK this time next week :D
(just)
I could probably do it, but it'd most likely have to be mid week as my weekends are pretty much booked up.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
I recognise that hat .

Nice pics there John , I'll have to do some walkabouts next time I'm there.....with you lot unlike last time. Such a good time I was having I didn't stray more than 100 yards from the fire pit.

How's the toasting fork BTW ?

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Nice pics John. We've booked up to go there in July. We've got a Kata booked then too to accomodate the bairn. I think I might have a night in the hammock though.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
be it was a fun trip ^^ i love going camping when it cold wet muddy rainin ^^, then going town next day coved in mudd and cut up, its the best ^^

Yep, we did go into a couple of places on the way home, muddy and with minor cuts (mostly my hands from disposing of cans) We realised as we got out the car that Joe had his Mora strapped to his hip still.... Joking apart, he'd been praised at the site for using his knife, but it was so easy to forget to remove tools from belts...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE