Out and about

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Tony, I was wondering, how about a section maybe called "whos been out today" it would be good to know whos been out and about, for example we could tell each other what animals we saw or what plants we identified or tasted, if we practiced something bushcrafty etc on a day to day basis.

well erm just a thought! CHEERS STUART F.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Funnily enough we have been talking about this.... maybe setting up a 'dear diary' forum or a blog or some such thing where members can post what they have been up to.

:)
Ed

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Nice one! i thought it would be good so as to have a seperate section because i,ve noticed that there seems to be alot of info on said subject spread all over the forum, for example my topic on badgers ,i was,nt sure where to put it because it was,nt just general info about wildlife, it was more the fact that i managed to spot them that day.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here's a definition I picked up off the web

Blog
[a.k.a. blogger -or- blogrolling -or- weblog -or- Web log -or- blogosphere]
A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog.

I think that for bcuk we would give over a forum for the members to start their own blog in the form of a thread. This could be their thread, with their name as the title......ie Tony......and this is what I get up to at the weekends......You could welcome comments or just keep it for your own expression of thought.
On the other hand you could start a blog that's based on a subject experience, like the badgers and then everyone can chip in and talk of their experiences along the same lines......

If anyone has a better suggestion on how to do it then let me know :icon_wink

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok, it's up on the forum in two sections. The first is Bushcraft blog, this is for all things generally related to bushcraft, people can keep personal blogs in here if they want to, or they can share and have people comment on what they've said.

The second is for everything else, general musings and if people want to keep a more day to day posting of what's going on in their lives......We will see how popular this section is and maybe review it later.

Any suggestions welcome :biggthump

Come on then, get bloggin' :Thinkingo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE