Oswald Bailey Closing Down Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Oswald Bailey are a cheaper end outdoor chain store, which I think is limited to a few shops in the south (Dorset, anyways). The store in Christchurch is closing down and is clearing out all its stock. Apparently, Millets will be taking over (they were already using Millets bags). The sale is 50% off tents, rucksacks and accessories and at least 30% off clothing and footwear.

I bought.....

3 x Peter Storm Cagoules @ £5.50 each

2 x Lifesystems whistles @ £1.62 each

1 x Lifesystems Adventurer FAK @ £9.25

1 x Lifesystems Trek FAK @ £6.75

2 x Lifeventure SS Bottles 0.8L @ £5.00 each

3 x Lifeventure SS Bottles 0.6L @ £4.00 each

1 x Trangia Triangle @ £11.00

1 x Trangia replacement rubber seals (2 pack) @ £1.50

1 x Fuel4 Bio-Ethanol Spirit (5 Litre) @ £8.50

Some real bargains in there!

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I grew up in Poole/Bournemouth, so Oswald Bailey was where I bought my first hiking stuff (the RAF blue canvas backpack with the metal strap ends was a bit uncomfortable..), but last time I went in the Poole store it was bascially a Millets anyway (Blacks/Millets went on a shopping spree some years ago, which turned out to be a huge mistake).

Not bad deals, and the end of an era. The slightly crappy Chinese tent that I bought from them 25 years ago still survives though..:)

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Just looked them up online and was taken to a Millets website. They still have some good deals in the sale.....but not as good as in the store. Clicky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE