ordering kit online

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its not saying its gone bust but I would phone up the number provided and ask if you will get the goods, your money back in full or a proportion of your money back.

Last edited:

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
It's the number of an insolvency place in Leicester, there's a big clue there :(
Best to phone em and find out what the deal is

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Never,ever,ever buy anything online using a debit card, unless you're dealing with a really well known, top flight company and even then, only if you've no alternative.

Nice to have you aboard Paul and I hope you get sorted out okay.

Don't forget to post an intro in the relevant section;)

R.B.

Geordie9

Forager
Oct 25, 2010
Hampshire
Strange that they had closed all of their stores as they only opened one up in Guildford last month, I did wonder why I had been getting quite a few sale emails from them recently.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I ordered from them 2 years ago and it took them over four weeks to send me the wrong item, despite several phone calls. It took them another two to send me the right one.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It'll be interesting to see if the course providing company (who are apparently still solvent), will honour the debts of "their" stores / online presence. Their website hints at one of those "oh no we are separate entities" (legal find the lady) type arrangements. However given they say that they are "concentrating on their core business", this implies it was a decision that they made (rather than poor management leading to an insolvency). If they have chosen to realign their company as they state, I am sure they will act with honour, rather than hide behind a legal construct.

Please keep us posted as to what you find out. If the company is in trouble, I think its important to know - members here have lost money before through suppliers going under, so it would be great to know if all / part of the company is actually insolvent before anyone spends (any more) money with them

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just wanted to book a 5 day course in may or june at trueways :(

There are lots of companies out there who don't have these issues. It may be that the "Trueways Group" will honour the purchases made.....I'd be tempted to see before committing my money though...maybe thats just me...but if they are having financial problems, you would be unlikely to get your money back in time to book elsewhere. Be a sad thing to miss out, even if you eventually got your money back from Visa or whoever

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE