orcadventures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I have not completed any of the Orca courses but I have been on two Woodsmoke courses on which Steve Smith co-instructed. During the last Nomad he lead the canoe navigation of Lake Windemere and another section down the river Esk.

He is a master canoeist and a natural teacher. I also think you would have to go a long way to find a person with a more agreeable, even personality.

Vince

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Second Zambezi's comments, PLUS:

I went on the course last year.

I now have a canoe.

I'm on their Caledonian Canal trip this April.

Highly recommended.

NB, they did not (at the time) offer the BCU assessment, and suggested they would no longer do so in future. Didn't bother me, dunno about you.

HTH,

Jim.

Y

yowee

I've been on a few Woodsmoke course that Steve has been an instructor on, as with all the woodsmoke team their level of knowledge is exceptional, and they deliver that knowledge in a wonderfully relaxed and informatibe way and what steve doesn't know about canoes isn't worth knowing, he makes his own and is currently paddling round new zealand in one, that possibly tells you all you need to know.
Hope this help I'm Very envious!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE