Optimus 99

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Any thoughts on this stove??
Ive got the chance of one in nice nick for about £20..... the packing in the fill cap looks perished and its got old fuel in it but looks quite clean.....im guessing coleman fuel rather than petrol??
Ta (Rik:)) Dave

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
One simple thought. At that price get it!!. Nice stove, should run fine with a quick fettle. Easy to maintain, has a pan included. I have a 199, and an optimus 8r and both are nice little stoves, as far as I am concerned you can't go wrong.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Ok then!!
It's all there , I wasn't sure what might need fettling with it?
I've just seen a parts list and there seems to be bugger all to go wrong with it?! Anything else to worry about Rik?
I thought a clean with carbon cleaner empty the old fuel and away we go,??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Ok then!!
It's all there , I wasn't sure what might need fettling with it?
I've just seen a parts list and there seems to be bugger all to go wrong with it?! Anything else to worry about Rik?
I thought a clean with carb cleaner empty the old fuel and away we go,??

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
eduny8yg.jpg

Looks ok apart from a clean up
zuhary6u.jpg
ydapy4e6.jpg

I'm guessing this isn't right!
D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
PM me your address and I'll pop a new seal in the post. Not much to go wrong with them. I'd rinse the tank out with meths (don't run it on meths) leaving the tank cap of the stove to let it dry for 24 hours, replace the cap seal and see how you go. The only other thing that could need replacing is the 'wick' in the tank and thats pretty rare, tends to happen if people run the stove dry a LOT and the wick drawing the fuel from the tank to the burner eventually 'scorches' and shrinks. I'll pop a spare wick in should you need it, let me know. I like them

[video=youtube;FJJcay2w_Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJcay2w_Tk[/video]

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Rik sorry mate new phone and can't seem to empty my pm box via Tapatalk? ?!
Do I have to visit the main site to do this guys????

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
PM me your address and I'll pop a new seal in the post. Not much to go wrong with them. I'd rinse the tank out with meths (don't run it on meths) leaving the tank cap of the stove to let it dry for 24 hours, replace the cap seal and see how you go. The only other thing that could need replacing is the 'wick' in the tank and thats pretty rare, tends to happen if people run the stove dry a LOT and the wick drawing the fuel from the tank to the burner eventually 'scorches' and shrinks. I'll pop a spare wick in should you need it, let me know. I like them

[video=youtube;FJJcay2w_Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJcay2w_Tk[/video]
Rik, just getting round to fettling with stove and was wondering if I could have the seal from you??
If not could you point me in the direction of a supplier please.
I'm away on a course in October and thought that I'd use it for my main stove.
As said before very happy to pay including postage.
Atb dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE