Opticron straight eyepiece 22 - 47 x 75mm Scope

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Bought on BB a little while ago.

http://www.britishblades.com/forums...ope-with-FREE-tripod&highlight=spotting+scope

I can do no better than quote the original seller himself, " A Japanese made scope. OK, you could buy a nice shiny new one from China for £75, or if
you're really cheap, one from ALDI for £50. Both would be made of plastic, with
not particularly good optics, they would have a very narrow field of view, lots
of flare, and would not be properly sharp, particularly at the long end. Don't
be fooled by high zoom numbers either. You'll need a tripod made from girders,
or a handy brick wall and a sandbag.

They are OK, but only OK.

Now this is old (1980s) and battered, but it is of very high quality. It has
glass, (not optical plastic) fully coated optics, an aluminium body, and a very
decent 22x to 47x zoom, with a 75mm front element, yes, 75mm!! A lot of modern
scopes can't offer 75mm optics.

The optics are bright and clear, and undamaged. The scope is properly sharp
from 22 right through to 47mm. Zoom is smooth, and focus extremely accurate, and
very fast as it is on the eyepiece."

I have used this a good bit since getting it and concur with all that is said above. However, I have just been bought a new scope by a friend and although optically there's little difference to my eyes, I am obliged to keep the new one, so this can be re-homed.

It comes with the lens caps, but no tripod.

It's hard to put a price on this, but it's going to cost about £12 to post, so how's about £50 posted and PayPalled to your door.

Trades-wise, I am not after much, but on my list would be a Taylor's Eye Witness Barlow slippie and similar classical slippjoints and also a Berghaus munro in good nick. Otherwise PM me and try me...

Feel free to PM me with trades offers and the like.

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry to ask such an obvious question, but for applications can this be used?

At a guess bird or nature watching when in a hide, looks like it could also be a great scope for the range when target shooting.

Basically anything you want to look at when reasonably static

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
At a guess bird or nature watching when in a hide, looks like it could also be a great scope for the range when target shooting.

Basically anything you want to look at when reasonably static

Aye, all of that and more. I also overlook the Channel, so use it for watching the ships, boats and the like, but got it for bird and nature watching.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Ah, OK - I'm after either something to stick on top of my rifle, or look at stars with. Looks like I can't do either with this, which is a shame, as it looks a nice piece of kit. Good luck with the sale.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
i reckon you pinched that from the end of the pier Kev, have you got the stand as well as the money box ? :)

Bad man Robbi. :lmao:

There I was thinking I'd try and offer up something of quality, albeit well-used, that is surplus to my requirements, yet possibly of use to someone else interested in getting something optically half decent for watching wildlife and I'm now the subject of accusations and ridicule. Sometimes I wonder why I bother :banghead:

I think I might withdraw it before I get offered a sink drainer now :p

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
They are a good bit of kit, solidly built.
I started with a Kowa TS1 and it served me well for years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not hardly Kev = the Lidl one cannot pick out bullet holes over 200 yards. I would have loved this one - bit skint though :( It is a serious bit of kit

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
If I had not just spend the last few quid I have aside for toys that would have been mine.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Damn!!

These scopes are fantastic quality and I had to be at work when it was up for sale:(

Shame it's already sold as I would have loved it!! Someone got a hell of a bargain ;)

Thanks for the reply Kev, Just wish I was quicker!

John..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE