Opinions on the Vango Banshee 300?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I had the Vango Banshee 300 but found that getting in and out when it was raining caused the inside of my tent to get wet due to the side opening. I also found that there wasn't much in the way of head room. I sold it and bought a Tempest 300 and found it to be a far better design. It also has a much larger porch area for boots and the like and I can just about sit upright in it.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I got a 200, used it twice and never again. No head room, no foot room unless your head is touching the other end, always full of condensation on the inside of the inner no matter how many vents are open. So little head room that when you sit up, your head brushes the top of the inner, cold,wet head. If its raining, the inside gets soaked when your getting in/out because of the side opening. Never again.

gobfish1

May 3, 2009
mancherster uk
I got a 200, used it twice and never again. No head room, no foot room unless your head is touching the other end, always full of condensation on the inside of the inner no matter how many vents are open. So little head room that when you sit up, your head brushes the top of the inner, cold,wet head. If its raining, the inside gets soaked when your getting in/out because of the side opening. Never again.

iv never had a problem with my banshee 200, tho if the tent is full when your in it im sure the chance of condensatiom build up is more ,
im around 75kg and 5 8 , this tent works for me had it out in most weather types ,

i tend to take a tarp for sitting under , tent is just bed time ,

Last edited:

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire

I've never had a problem with condensation in mine and used it in all weathers, and at just under 6ft I can sit up in mine just fine (although only at the highest point). I do agree on the side opening door though and this is a pain. I take a mini bungee with me and hook the door over to the other side when I want to keep it open. I echo the comments though that this is a sleeping only tent and no more.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
A word of warning about Vango. Their tents have great showroom appeal and seem like great value because they are designed to copy the looks of expensive tents that really do perform. However that is where the similarity ends, as I found to my cost when a moderate blow destroyed my Spirit 300+ at 2500ft. Their customer service people didn't want to know. Having said that I have no direct experience of the model in question.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
A word of warning about Vango. Their tents have great showroom appeal and seem like great value because they are designed to copy the looks of expensive tents that really do perform. However that is where the similarity ends, as I found to my cost when a moderate blow destroyed my Spirit 300+ at 2500ft. Their customer service people didn't want to know. Having said that I have no direct experience of the model in question.

does that apply to the once mighty force ten brand as well ? All china made now, and if want a uk tent you apparently have to pay more for the same model of terra nova tent uk made over a china made one.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Nonsuch said:

Yes. Vango quality seems to go up and down.

My first tent was a Vango Hydra 200. Bombproof but heavy. That was maybe 15 years ago.

On the strength of that I got a Spirit 200+ a few years back. It was rubbish. Inner attached to outer with cheap plastic things that snapped if you looked at them funny. Guy lines turned to fluff with any friction, and the line runners didn't lock the guy lines - the holes were too big. A bunch of other stuff was wrong. I sent Vango an email (very polite) that listed exactly the flaws with the tent. I never even got an acknowledgment. The following year they changed the styling of the tents, and seemed to address all the issues. A few people I know got Vango tents at that time and these are still going strong. Since then I've heard varying reports - some are perfect and some have serious flaws.

Well, that's my experience with Vango - I don't know about this particular model.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I use the Banshee 200 and as with many other comments on here have found it to be a great little tent. The Banshee 300 is basically the same but slightly larger and I'm confident you'll have no problems. It's easy to pitch and feels like it's constructed really well, the fabric is quite strong and the poles are aluminium so will take some wind. I've used mine a fair bit in some rough weather and it's never let me down. It has a small porch for storing boots but as others have said I sometimes use a small tarp to make a bigger porch for cooking and sitting outside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE