Opinions on the Vango Banshee 300?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Hi all, Looking at getting a Vango Banshee 300, what are your opinions on it please?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

VanDeRooster

Jan 14, 2014
Norwich, UK.
Seems a pretty solid tent. We sell a lot a work to DoE groups and have had few problems with them. Personally if it was my money I'd be looking at one of the tents from Vau De.

Jazz006

Jun 7, 2013
Dundee
I have got one and find it a really good tent,it's sold as a 3 person tent but I would not be happy with that many inside it, more like a two person tent. Easy to put up and solid in heavy wind.

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
Although a bit smaller then the 309, I've used the Banshee 200 quite a bit and have found it to be great. Utterly waterproof, easy to pitch and strike, good in the wind.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Thanks guys, from what I have read online it looks like a good choice for me

Jackdaw

Have now used both the Banshee 200 and 300. Great little tents. Although not as light as the more costly tents, they are cheap and pretty bombproof. I now own a 200 as I am pretty anti-social when on the hills and I like to sleep on my own. The 300 is perfect for 2 guys. The 200 for 1. They will fit 3 and 2 in respectively but it will be very cosy!

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I went for the 200 as my lightweight hiking tent. Wasn't prepared to pay 3 times and over to shave off a kilo. Great to hear good reviews here and I look forward to using it for the first time soon.

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
I have a Banshee 200 as my lightweight tent. It's a great little tent and fits me and my kit for a weekend easily. Very robust in wet and windy weather and quick to pitch as well. This weekend I pitched it in the dark when it was just starting to rain in a matter of minutes - it does help to pitch it as one though, crawling around inside trying to hook the inner tent in isn't much fun!! At just under 6ft it is more than long enough and I can just about sit up in it which makes dressing a little easier than some lightweight tents where you can't.

This summer I'm hoping I can fit me and my boy in it when we go for a weekends hiking and camping, might do a test run in the garden first to see if we'll fit...

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
I have a Banshee 200 as my lightweight tent. It's a great little tent and fits me and my kit for a weekend easily. Very robust in wet and windy weather and quick to pitch as well. This weekend I pitched it in the dark when it was just starting to rain in a matter of minutes - it does help to pitch it as one though, crawling around inside trying to hook the inner tent in isn't much fun!! At just under 6ft it is more than long enough and I can just about sit up in it which makes dressing a little easier than some lightweight tents where you can't.

This summer I'm hoping I can fit me and my boy in it when we go for a weekends hiking and camping, might do a test run in the garden first to see if we'll fit...

What years model do you have? Mine you have to pitch inner first as the inner holds the poles- its my only real gripe with it!

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
I think I bought it in 2012. My poles are in the outer, I don't like tents that pitch inner first as that is rubbish in poor weather.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Although I don't have one I have considered them. For the price the weight and durability seems good. Also the majority of reviews are positive. Maybe you could go and look at one pitched already at an outdoors store?

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
I agree with the others. I have had both 300 and 200. I started out with the 300 so I could have a little comfort with the girlfriend. She never used it so I found it too much space for me and heavy to carry for just one person. Its a great tent for 2 people. I downsized to the 200 which was much better. Goes up in seconds and is perfect for 1 person plus rucksack. I just sold the 200 and got a 8-10 person tipi and wood burning stove so can have some comfort when out. I am also probably going to get a tarp & bivvy setup.

One thing I really hated with the tent is not being able to see out. It made me feel a little vulnerable and I was missing out on seeing nature. It should be interesting to see how I get on with the tarp.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
If you want something cheaper with more space, and not bothered about carrying it, I also have one of their alpha tents.
Cheaper than the banshees so the poles are just regular poles not the fancy one (same with the pegs), and a bit more bulky, but it still has the reliable vango construction.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Thanks for all the input guys. I always camp by myself but dont like to feel claustrophobic thats why I am still leaning towards the 300 rather than the 200

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE