Opinion for a backpack mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hi All
Ok so I have had this pack in my possession for a while now, I pick it up at a car boot.
At one point I was selling it, but now I have decided to keep it.

Firstly does anyone know what pack this is? As I cannot find it on the Internet anywhere, I have found similar but not the same.

Secondly, I'm thinking about modifying it,
I may remove the frame, dye it and add leather to the equation.
I have got lots of patches from my travels and was thinking of putting them on there.

I would like to hear your imput?
Would you keep the frame?
Would you change the straps?
Would you dye it if so what colour?
Where would you include the leather?
With or without the patches of the country's I have been to?

Just looking for ideas and inspiration 😀
360fb0666b23d66425c88a06df899503.jpg
2797f91532d308a353d4fc88796b4fc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Could be a WWll Rpyal Navy commando issue? Looks very similar from what I can see from the images. Is there any markings?

if it was me I'd try to get a positive ID before doing anything, be a shame to mess up an original?

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Could be a WWll Rpyal Navy commando issue? Looks very similar from what I can see from the images. Is there any markings?

if it was me I'd try to get a positive ID before doing anything, be a shame to mess up an original?
I can't seem to see any markings on it?
I wonder where I could find out more about its history.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Check put completed listings on eBay, one finished this morning so you could compare it with yours.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have one of those in the camping cupboard. I will see if I can dig it out and look for labels, tho I can not remember anything on it.
I don't think it will carry well if you take the frame off. You might as well buy something closer to what you want and add your leather and patches to it.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I have one of those in the camping cupboard. I will see if I can dig it out and look for labels, tho I can not remember anything on it.
I don't think it will carry well if you take the frame off. You might as well buy something closer to what you want and add your leather and patches to it.
That would be amazing if you are able to find a marking on it.
Please keep me updated :)

I was originally selling it, but it looks like it could be a fun thing to modify.
Its very lite and thought that it could make great hand luggage for a flight or something. It wouldn't be on I would us for bushcraft bimbles or anything like that as I have packs for that purpose.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Check put completed listings on eBay, one finished this morning so you could compare it with yours.
Iv looked at ones on ebay, I can find similar but now exactly the same. It's a hard to Google.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE