Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
if yku [and or chris] want a lift down there my pleasure al. im wondering if we could sneak you two into my room. probably.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Nice one, I'll call you later on the lift, have you ever tried sneaking 2 blokes with 110lb of kit each into a room lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It cant be that hard, having stayed in ;loads of hotels. is my best guess.otherwise you two are paying for a room, but it should be ok,

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not too fussed about the driving... there are campsites on the route, so if I take my time I can merrily make my way up. One way or another I'll be there on time.

Not doing very well getting the permission to operate a camera drone though... be a shame if I don't get to do it... but its up to the Swedes.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sounds good dewi. Persnally! I like the fact that you have got your own thing going.

Of course if that means nothin if you dont turn up on time in galliavre. whilsg we are waiting for you. Than you're a dead man. :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Dewi, if you're not fussed on driving why are you even considering it, it will be hard going and turning a two week trip into almost three with the drive, don't get me wrong, if you have all the time free it could be the road trip of a lifetime just want you to make Gallivare on the morning of the 24th :)

Or better the night of the 23rd

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm hopefully giving my main gear a test this next weekend, then its Snowdonia to test my clothing and if there is snow, I might get to pull the pulk about a bit.

Can't decide which knife to take now, I've bought quite a few recently. My favourite at the moment is the damascus one I bought from Mick... still working on a sheath for it.

Are you taking any locator gear? Like those fancy watches that give off a beacon that can be tracked?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Dewi, if you're not fussed on driving why are you even considering it, it will be hard going and turning a two week trip into almost three with the drive, don't get me wrong, if you have all the time free it could be the road trip of a lifetime just want you to make Gallivare on the morning of the 24th :)

Or better the night of the 23rd

I know what you're saying... I've worked away a lot doing hundreds of miles of driving every day along with my job, so I know how tiring it is... but the plan is at the moment to enjoy the road trip. I have a back up plan if there are any problems with the route.

My aim is to get there early... I want to know what the beer is like before we set off :D

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
So what is the back up plan, the thing is we'll be needing you in Gallivare to catch the bus with us and if you're not there what do we do, you won't be able to get us on a phone unless it's the sat phone we don't know where we're going so how will you find us, just a lot to go wrong, covering the bases, still need you there mate

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
So what is the back up plan, the thing is we'll be needing you in Gallivare to catch the bus with us and if you're not there what do we do, you won't be able to get us on a phone unless it's the sat phone we don't know where we're going so how will you find us, just a lot to go wrong, covering the bases, still need you there mate

I've missed something... let me go back through the thread...

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Okay, just reread through... so we're not going via Porjus on the way in, we're going to Porjus on the way out?

I think I've misunderstood the plans... which is kind of lucky to discover now, I'd have been 30 miles in the opposite direction from you.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hmmm thats a pain. I though it was Porjus on the way in then jockmock for the market then home. I ordered maps of that area too...😲😲😲

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
The route in

Land at Kiruna, sleep there the night, train to Galivare in the morning ( needs booking )
Minibus / coach from Galivare to somewhere on the North side of the Stora National Park above Vietas near Suorva.

Route out

Get picked up by the same minibus / coach, get dropped off in Porjus, coach to Jokkmokk

Final day, coach from Jokkmokk to Kiruna airport

:D

Last edited:

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
We MIGHT just be ok. I think that may have been in the highlighted are i asked for. Just...👍👍👍

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Good trip by the looks of it Dave and Ash...👍👍👍👍🤘🤘🤘🤘

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I ordered maps for the lake at Porjus....oh ����������

Its not just me thats got the wrong end of the broken limb from a nearby tree then.

I've made all my plans to get to Porjus... seems now thats nowhere near where I need to be, so a new plan, which I shall call Plan C is required.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE