Open Canoe Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Evening Folks,

probably pushing my luck here, but can anyone, or know of anyone, that can providing very basic open canoe courses for absolute beginners. Ideally in the Northumberland to Durham areas.

Cheers

Shaun

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There are quite a few places in the Lakes which I`ve looked at fairly recently, I can`t remember the names but a quick google should find them.

It`s a bit of a longer trek for you but some of them do camping/bushcraft overnighters aswell.

You might want to have a quick scan on SOTP aswell

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
I've checked most of the big sites and governing organisations already. It was more individual coaching I was looking for. I've got a few telephone numbers to try, and have sent off many emails.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I went to Platty+, at the bottom end of Derwentwater, last April. We had virtually one 2 one tuition ( me and my 15 year old son) and it was excellent. there were only three boats involved, including John the instructor's.

Prices may have changed but we had an hour and a half's tuition ( more than enough to start with) and then about 3 hrs paddling ( hired the boat from the centre of course) and it only cost me £55.

In all honesty; it's the best £55 I've ever spent. The simple skills and the gentle, patient way they were taught, have proved invaluable over the past year.
Check their website for contact details, they really are very good ;)

hope you get sorted;)
cheers
Steve

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Thanks for that RB. By the way any news on the courses you were hoping to run at Hamsterley?

I've just joined FoCW, so am looking on there to see if your doing any day courses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE