Only seven more months

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
...until I see this again. With a long cold winter here once again I thought I would show some of this past summers photos. Looking at them makes me feel warmer already. Although the smilies are gone, trust me, I'm smiling!
How I miss seeing the pure water and sand beaches
IMG_0877.jpg

Here a piece of driftwood under water has a strange look
IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

A nice shady spot to look out over the lake
IMG_0903.jpg

A favourite view
IMG_0905.jpg

A calm evening
IMG_0918.jpg

Nearing the end of another beautiful day
IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

An aerial view of the area
IMG_0987.jpg

From the top of a hill on a glorious sunny day
IMG_1007.jpg

Another hill top view
IMG_1010.jpg

A windy day. Though it's hard to see in the pic, there are some big waves out there
IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

Almost dark, another of my favourites, one I've shown before
IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

I always liked rainbows-even 1/2 rainbows!
009-1.jpg

On a happier note, tonight's low temperature forecast has been revised from -30C to -26C. See, it is getting warmer!

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance I think that area might (LOL. Actually I'm SURE it WILL) make some winter photos just as beautiful.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I'm tempted to say " you don't know how lucky you are "..but I think you do know................................4 to 5 months of deep snow & biting winds....... sounds good to me...................spending winter in a cold, damp, grey & drafty/draughty city..........that's misery.( smiley here).

Magnificent photos by the way....

Last edited:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Wowzers, thats gods country fo'sure... presuming you flew out there? Seaplane? Am struggling to contain rampant jealousy, tempered with delight at seeing your pics ;)

Yes, floatplane in the summer is the simplest, but there are other ways, just a lot more work!
The easiest is in the winter. Once the lakes have frozen over, travel by snowmobile is a pleasure (sometimes, depending on conditions)

I should edit to add that although we have a cabin in the area, and spend as much time as possible there, we don't live there year round yet , but would in an instant if money allowed.

Last edited:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
looks like an incredible part of the world...thanks for sharing the pics with us. Would love to see this place in the grip of winter...

I can accommodate you but only with last winters' pics.

Here I'm on the trail early, crossing a lake with the sun just about to come up. My skidoo light is my camera flash
IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Up comes the sun over a silent, frozen landscape
IMG_1046.jpg

A bright frosty day
IMG_0894.jpg

A sunny day in the jack pine
IMG_1127.jpg

This small tamarack looks barren amongst the black spruce
IMG_1057.jpg

A snowshoe trail
IMG_1129.jpg

April first-after a long winter i could feel spring coming
IMG_1344.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE