One For The TEOTWAWKI Set.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
You don't you sing it

....and I feel fine!

rotfl.gif

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Okay...slow on the uptake...the end of the world as we know it....Jeesh!!! there was me thinking it was some esoteric form of haiku...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
ROFL

Its one of the longest acronyms I know

Only beaten by

FUATHYRIO

That one took me a while to work out when a company director ended his e-mail to me with it!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I use to love "screech" army Ration orange/lemonade.
I thought that would be good for a TEOTWAWKI situation...
Basically packet of lemon sherbert that when added to water makes a sugary but sour lemon drink which is nice if thirsty..(ok it's not that nice lol).

as you can't buy "screech" i looked at another option when in tesco's, Lucasade powdered drink (pretty much the same thing) but expensive!
shame there doesn't seem to be a lemon sherbet manufacturer :(

Then on the same shelf, Lucozade Energy Gel 45g Price: £1.25 , never tried it but thought, sounds useful, similar sort of thing and you don't need to add water.
But the price works out at something ridiculous per liter! which I thought was a bit steep!
then i looked at the contents
This is Lucozade Energy Gel: £1.25 (little more than a mouthful)...note the similarities (in bold)

ingredients: Glucose Syrup, Water, Citric Acid, Acidity Regulator(Sodium Citrate), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Stabiliser (Acacia Gum), Flavouring, Colour

This is Tesco value Jelly! 7p(the children's party type)
ingredients: Glucose-Fructose syrup, Sugar, Water, Pork gelatine,Citric acid, Acidity regulator(Trisodium citrate), Flavouring, Acetic acid, Colours

("Trisodium citrate" and "sodium citrate" are the same thing)
("pork gelatine" and "stabiliser" make it sticky/jelly like )
("Acetic acid"added for "acid" flavour though citric acid is natrual)
so you'd get pretty much the same effect(similar contents) from eating standard party jelly? for 7p per packet lol
plus can be eaten without cooking,
added to water and made into a desert for the family,
can be drank as a hot drink...etc, etc, only 7p! :cool:

same as usually, companies make sure you pay, for security, drink/eat this and have more power.

Last edited:

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
ROFL

Its one of the longest acronyms I know

Only beaten by

FUATHYRIO

That one took me a while to work out when a company director ended his e-mail to me with it!

And did you have a horse? And did he?:yikes:
That is definitely FUBAR....!
Anyone know where I can get cheap non F1 hybrid seeds???

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I found a packet of Parsley seeds in the back of a drawer the other day, according to the packet they were packed in 1984. I've planted them in a plant pot in my living room to see what happens, it does say on the packet that they are slow to develop so I ought not to expect anything soon.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
There's only two ways off an exponential curve - infinity or collapse. Which one do you reckon is more likely?

Hello everyone by the way!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Funny things seeds, they survive in some of the most inhospitable places :cool:
Try sowing a handful of bird food and it's astonishing the variety of edible crops that appear :D

The allotment growers who have a paranoia have precedence; farmers who claimed that the spores that cause the fungus on grain were being harboured by small, untreated crops. I believe it is in America that the orange growers managed to push through laws that prohibit anyone living within a certain distance (miles) of a commercial orange grove, growing any citrus fruits in their own gardens because they too claimed that those small 'crops' were harbouring pest and disease vectors.

cheers,
Toddy

p.s be a mite careful with the bird food, sometimes hemp seed is added to the mix.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now then, whilst we talk about seeds, did anyone spot that Monsanto just purchased Xe Services (previously "Blackwater") according to a variety of internet news services. Not sure how true it is, nor am I one for tinfoil hat theories. But the Monsanto owning the worlds largest private army does send a shiver up my spine.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I shudder to think frankly

The main compatability of the organisations appears to be their position on the morality tree ;)

Something to do with the fact that both "operate" in third world areas a lot perhaps?

Just feels to me like "nothing good will come of this". Monsanto hardly have a glowing reputation for humanitarian governance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE