One for the foraging experts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
What is this

DSCF0367.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like how a mate of mine described hedge garlic.
I have rubbed the leaves and it doesnt smell of anything.

But I'd rather an expert opinion please.

GS

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Looks like it to me, just with blooming big flowers! Not that I'm advocating it as sensible in all circumstances, but I'd probably taste it (& spit it out). If it tastes pleasant and oniony, you'll have your answer! :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Looks very similar but the flowers look a bit odd

This is "Hedge Garlic"

468701947_57eb9400ca_o.jpg

The bunch of flowers is larger. But the flowers themselves are identical if you look closer Red. I see your point though :)

I would say Hedge Garlic too. Get it munched. Nice in a salad.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I can smell the allium scent - but only by crushing and rubbing and then sniffing...its mild though . nothing like ramsoms

I suspect it is the same - its not a nettle as the flowers are all wrong for white dead nettle. Looks an oddly pale green (growing n a very shady spot maybe) but sometimes photos aren't that true.

Its certainly out - I picked some today

Red

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Looks virtually identical to the ones we saw out in Eglington Park this weekend. Tasted just like a combination of garlic and mustard, great if you like mustard..not so great if you don't...which I don't unfortunately.. :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE