One for Blakes 7 fans...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Strewth that's pricey. I did like Blake's 7, have it all on disc. Blue Peter did a series of "make them yourself" props which were actually pretty good.
That's quite a model though, where would I put it though?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I used to have them all on Video and I got mega kudos with a dragon HR lady as I recognised her Liberator t-shirt.
Not forgetting Servelan....
Aren't they remaking it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm, Avon :D anti-hero, etc., etc.,

Ye Gods but we're getting old if we mind that lot though :D

I've just seen the price on that model :yikes:

M

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thinking back it was Avon who made the series, without that character it wouldn't run for very long.

:)

No no no!! Servalan was the character that made the series. I loved the show, but always hated the cheap effects. Shame Gerry Anderson didn't produce it.

[video=youtube;0RpWJjYGu5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RpWJjYGu5Q[/video]

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I still reckon without Blake's 7, Red Dwarf wouldn't have even got a pilot episode... Blake's 7 rocks! :notworthy

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It was Cally that floated my boat. :D
It was quite a mix though set in a very dystopian gallaxy (well usually a quarry down the road from the one Tom Baker was running around in) it was all pretty high camp stuff. Remember an interview with the chap who designed the Liberator saying that in his mind it was supposed to fly with the green ball to the front.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Where would I put the cookies?

060803_cookies_hmed_4p.grid-6x2.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I saw this yesterday and thought it was really cool, till I saw it was only about 3 and a half feet long :D If you could have had it at home and got in it that would have been cool...

Blakes 7 was great, we knew no better all the way back then...
I used to enjoy space 1999 as well

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I remember meeting Martin Bower , the original builder of the Liberator, many years ago.
He confessed he just didn't have the space to keep all the amazing models he made so was selling everything.For the record, he also worked on Thunderbirds, Capt. Scarlet, Space 1999, and I think he was also designer of the Nostromo for Alien.
He had a sci-fi shop in Egham, I think.I remember taking my Blakes-obsessed brother in law to see him.I wasn't that bothered about sic-fi but he was a very interesting guy to chat to.
I do remember Josette Simon in Blakes7.Seen her in lots of plays since then too.
It was a dire programme but we all watched it every week, wobbly scenery & everything!
Simon

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Ooooh - Blake's 7, if they can bring back the Clangers (which are pink!? We had a black and white, how can they be pink, next the soup dragon will be green) why not Blake, I always reckoned the ending would turn out to be a bad dream on Villa's part, or a cunning ploy by Orac... Ahh Blake's 7. I made the communicator bracelet from an old squash bottle and, wait for it, sticky backed plastic! How cool was I?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE