On the way to Work in Borneo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Someone asked me what I do so I thought a post on a working day might interest those who like travelling or are keen on working outdoors.

The job was to take a group of oil company people to a retreat for a few days so they could get to know one another and work out how they would work together on a few new projects while having some fun at the same time.

I took a boat in the morning through the rivers of Brunei Bay which encompasses three states Brunei, Sarawak and Sabah.

It is great fun sitting on top of the boat as it speeds through the mangroves though you have to duck sometimes.
DSCN2988duck.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a video of the ride
BOD_photos
[/URL][/IMG]

The bay and the delta is full of life - big prawns the size of lobster, fish (barramundi, mangrove jack), crocodiles and so on. The locals are out catching their meals
DSCN2991castnet.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN2986.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN2972.jpg
[/IMG]

My destination is the hills in the interior which you can just make out.

DSCN2984destination.jpg
[/IMG]

The bay

DSCN3003.jpg
[/IMG]

I left the boat at Bangar a sleepy little town.

DSCN3052bamgar.jpg
[/IMG]

I put the camera away too soon as a Blackhawk came around the spur on the right at not more than 200 feet.

You never know what to expect - a pair of Hueys came along the river much lower than that or a pair of crocodiles yawning during their morning sun bathe.

This is the branch office but I didn’t call in as I was heading further inland

DSCN3053office.jpg
[/IMG]

Then a car ride further up river till the road ran out then this little fellow and his dad took me up river through the rapids in a temuai ( a 10 meter long boat)

DSCN3063khairul.jpg
[/IMG]

He was a handy pilot in still water or fast

DSCN3078stillwater.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN3071.jpg

This is a video of the temuai ride

BOD_photos
[/URL][/IMG]

After several miles we arrived at a forestry centre where the clients would be arriving several hours later.

DSCN3133.jpg
[/IMG]
I took a short rest before setting out on a recce of the forest for the next day

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Mega cool post, BOD, and video to boot!

It makes me all the more sad that the contract I was involved in bidding for, for some decorative work at one of the Sultan’s palaces, all those years ago, never came off.

Oh well <sigh>

Cheers, BOD :)
Paul.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Git.

Saying that I've been to Borneo, and it's beautiful. I didn't get to have any fun though, I was training the whole time.

Git.

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
Brilliant pictures BOD :cool:
I really like reading your posts as there are always great pictures that go with them :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE