Olive Green W'proof Jkt?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JungleJim

Mar 2, 2007
Birmingham
I need to replace a battered Gore-tex jacket with a newer model, ideally Gore-tex but does any manufacturer make one in olive green?!?!?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I bought this one 3 yrs ago and has done me good through some pretty horrendous downpours, it is made by Snowbee.:D

Attachments

• 100_1052.JPG
    100_1052.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 186

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi guys, new to forum, some good stuff on this site.
re the jacket, as a life long fieldsportsman I would strongly recommend Sportchief durasupple/aquatex. I have been using one Sring/Autumn/Winter for 5 years and its fantastic, I use mine for deerstalking so lots of crawling through wet grass, puddles etc, never got wet yet. Otherwise check out www.kammo.co.uk their coats are also really tough and weatherproof (and silent).
Hope this helps.

JungleJim

Mar 2, 2007
Birmingham
spamel said:
Craghoppers as already mentioned and Berghaus do one in a really good shade of Bushcraft Green! You'll find them in Blacks and CH in TKMaxx.

Couldn't find any 'bushcraft green' Berghaus jackets in Blacks or on their website - do you have any further details?

Will check out TKMaxx at the weekend.

Thanks.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw them in Blacks in Milton Keynes a few months back, I was there in January, and they had loads in then. I seem to remember one of the staff in there mentioned if you want something and they have it in another store they will send it to you through your local store.

I'll have a look for a link to a similar jacket.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I was at Hilltrek today ordering my new ventile trousers. They have some great double ventile jackets in stock and I know several people on here really like them. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have to say for £150 I'd look at a Ventile from BCUK, SASSkit or Hilltrek. I still wear my Goretex in torrential rain, but if I'm only taking one coat - Ventile every time!

Red

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
spamel said:
http://www.blacks.co.uk/blacks.storefront/SearchList.aspx?q=goretex+berghaus

May be a good idea to sell the wife and kids into slavery if you want one of these jackets!! £150 :eek: It comes with a grey fleece and is a really nice jacket. It appears on the above link a few times, not sure if it is because they are different sizes or what!

I've got a Berghaus Mera Peak jacket, and although the blue and yellow colour is not "bushcraft", the jacket itself is first class. The zip in fleece makes it certainly a UK 4 season jacket and its design is first rate. That said, I like the look of the green jacket you highlighted, and as a Gortex fan, it looks good enough to buy, money permitting in the future :You_Rock_

JungleJim

Mar 2, 2007
Birmingham
Popped into Milletts today at lunchtime and saw the jacket, its a proper OG colour and although not a technical jacket it's fine for Bushcraft and fishing. (I have more technical shells for the mountains).

Only had large sizes though and Milletts must be the most disorganised retailer I have ever come across! I'll look in another local store at the weekend.

Thanks for all the replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE