Old style Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Since there is a bit of a fetisch for Mora knives among bushcrafters I thought I would just show you something I found and like.
When I recently bought a box of mixed stuff on an auction i found an old Mora knife at the bottom of the box.
I don't know much about it but maybe someone here does. I believe it is from the 30-ies or 40-ies. It has the embossed leather sheath with the "shield" of the county of Dalarna where the town of Mora is located, the "crossed bolts and crown".

kniv053.jpg

A (bad) close up of the markings. The CA in the center means it was made by Carl Andersson.
kniv054.jpg

I've cleaned it up a bit and although the birch handle was originally varnished I think I will sand down what little is left and oil it instead.
It is well used and nothing special but I like the "vintage" and it actually goes well with my contemporary (1936) Winchester :).
kniv059.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE