Old School Shades

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Snow-Goggles.jpg


My new/old snow goggles have arrived.
The original lenses were cracked and de-laminated so I’ve swapped them out for some acrylic ones. Brushed up the rims a bit and they are good for another few decades I reckon.

They came in a dinky little tin as well.

Not sure how old there are but the laminated filter glass probably puts them over 60 years of age.

Snow-Goggles-I.jpg

Snow-Goggles-II.jpg
 
Last edited:
Excellent stuff, they look great goodjob

Out fo interest, did they perform as well as modern goggles? What's the main difference between something that old and a modern version? If there isn't any practical difference just aesthetics?
 
In fairness, the modern goggles have a better field of view and cover more of the face in extreme conditions. I will still carry a modern pair but they will probably stay in my pack for most of the time.

These are lighter and I think more comfortable. Very subjective thing that.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE