"Old School" Scout badges?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi I's it possible to get hold of Scout badges anymore, not the current Issue
(i realise they are not sold to the public for scout safety)

I used to work in the "scouts shop" (now taken over by milletts:yuck: )

whilst i was there they had a sale of (i think they were a anaversary thing), badges that were originally drawings (in the old style outfits)from Lord Baden Powels books i.e.
Aids to scouting, scouting for boys etc

I only bought one (the public were allowed to), but it's a nice Bushcraft one! "a scout lighting a fire by Bowdrill",
there were others like "scout's making a shelter", "using a camp loom to make a grass door", and there were several others.

are they still available?

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Are THESE the badges you were intersted in?

If they are the ones anyone can buy these ones as they are classed as fun badges as they are not part of the program.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Reading this thread makes me think being an ex Army cadet myself and Instuctor in later years we didnt do a lot of " campcraft " or not up to the skills level the scouts seem to .

Is there a scout handbook with all the campcraft in ?, it would make an interesting read .

Twodogs

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do you want old Scout and Cub Scout Leader badges ? I'm sure I've got some somewhere. I know I won't come across them any time soon, but if I know someone wants them I'll bear it in mind. I think I put them away in the loft with our old Scout belts.

They're far too old to be confused with modern ones so I can't see anyone objecting.

cheers,
Toddy

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi my mistake the page came up behind the open one!:eek:
Yes they are the badges! cheers, thanks for the info!

:You_Rock_
Do you want old Scout and Cub Scout Leader badges ? I'm sure I've got some somewhere. I know I won't come across them any time soon, but if I know someone wants them I'll bear it in mind. I think I put them away in the loft with our old Scout belts.
They're far too old to be confused with modern ones so I can't see anyone objecting.
cheers,
Toddy
Thanks but no thank's, It was the bushcrafty pictures i was after

Rothley Bill

Forager
Aug 11, 2008
Rothley, Leicestershire
Twodogs

Look out on e-bay or second hand bookshops for :

Scouting for boys
Training in tracking Gilcraft
Scouting out of doors Gilcraft
Outdoor hints for Boy Scouts J Gibson
Scout Field Book Boy Scouts of America

These are all old publications costing as much as 2 shillings and sixpence each, but they are worth the read and will have the information you are looking for.

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
or if you have access to a printer and looking for old books you can google, scouthut and they have alot of books in pdf format

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE