Old Primus stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
I bought an old primus at a bootsale this morning but cant find any information on it. I had a quick google but nothing shows up. Anybody recognise it?

20150219_101916_zpsd3zo83c2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20150219_101926_zpsjaopsb78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150219_101932_zpsi2a93lgk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
I have an Optimus model of the same vintage in a similar metal box. I may be wrong, but I think yours may be a Petrol
model, what ever you do, do not use petrol in it till you have positive identification. The Parafin models normally have
a pump to pressurise them . Some have a tube which runs over where the burner is so that heat can help with vaporising
the fuel. The petrol ones were very fast and hot, but there were a lot of accidents with the Petrol ones in the old days.
Beware of any small pinhole leaks, or leaks at joints either in the pipes or the fuel tanks. If anyone makes contact with
you who has one the same try to obtain exact instructions from them. Even the Parafin ones could be dangerous if you
did not wait long enough before pumping them up to full pressure as instead of vapour coming out, you got a jet of
lighted paraffin squirting about three feet in the air. Therefore it was advisable to light them out side of your tent or tarp.
I cannot be of further help. If you do get them going they were great wee stoves, though a but heavy by modern standards. Hope this is of some help to you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE