Old penknife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stinkymilo

Mar 13, 2006
Wiltshire
HI,

Just been out for a walk and my youngest daughter found this old penkinife. Just wondered if any of you knew what sort it is and how old it might be. Its overall lenght is 9 inches blade length around 4 inches and there is a bulls head stamped into the blade. The handle is light coloured wood or bone?
Pretty poor knife really but just curious.
Sorry about the poor pic but the camera is very bad.

Cheers

Stinky

oldknife17ow.th.jpg
[/IMG]

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Looks like it may be a Laguiole folding knife there basically a posh french picnick knife, a well made knife i have a couple (may be not but they are similar shape), has it the name stamped on the blade or france stamped at the pivot point? I have also seen a similar make in spain just a cheap folder and i dont know the make, nice avitar pick by the way stinky all the best JP ;)

stinkymilo

Mar 13, 2006
Wiltshire
Cheers JP,

It does look pretty cheap and is as blunt as a spoon but my daughter's over the moon with it. As I speak she's outside in a garden under a homemade shelter cooking carrots. Oh to be young again. :)

ATB

Stinky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE