Old English Tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Hi All,

Here are some new to me tools from my Grandads shed.

The files are W.Tzyack sons and Turner, Bedford, Stubbs, Speedfile and an Unknown manufacturer marked England. The small engineers square is made by Moore and Wright. The screwdriver is a small Stanley Yankee. The hammer is a No. 4 Gilpins. The honing guide is made by Eclipse. I'm not sure who the brass glass cutter is made by but it seems well made and is marked as made in Britain.

I thought I would post them here as I know some of you like older tools.

Cheers

Jon

juru9yhy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yankees still work well and there is a converter available to let them accept modern hex screwdriver bits which really increases their usefulness. Every tool there still has a place in a decent tool kit.

JonE

Forager
Apr 11, 2014
Oxfordshire
Thanks. I'll have to get an adapter for the Yankee as I only have one bit for it. The hammer is lovely and has been put straight into service as the head from my cheap hammer decided to part from the handle last week. I think I'll have a go at making a handle for the bigger files today.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE