Old bloke arrested for SAK in Devon.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andy r

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2010
Torquay
Thats the article ! I just knew there had to be more to it than met the eye, and the estate where he lives had quite a reputation as well.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Thanks for that Trev.

There were a number of threads on this a couple of weeks ago. It's good to see the details as we can now see why he was charged with offensive weapon rather than bladed article. Basically it's a bloody fool who had a pint, showed intent (the legal element needed to prove offensive weapon) to use the knife as a weapon and was then rightly stopped by the Police and had his car searched.

What a total t**t!

Mind you, Supt Meakin's comment that "The knife is illegal..." is misleading as it suggests there is no legal excuse to posses a lock knife. In that context it was illegal, but not in all cases.

andy r

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2010
Torquay
It was an abreviation.... The media described him as disabled pensioner at one point so I just thinned the truth a little, he's "only" 18 years older than me, which has just scared me wittless !!!!

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I knew there was more to that story, there had to be.
I had wondered why they were charging him for possession of an offensive weapon rather than possession of an illegal blade but that got cleared up as well.

I'll bet victorinox aren't happy with people called that knife a SAK ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE