Oh no... I've been Yodeled!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ordered some headphones at the beginning of the week for my sons birthday present. By all accounts the delivery company tried to deliver it today... according to the card I had shoved through the door despite my wife being in all day :rolleyes:

My heart sank when i saw it was a Yodel card and then I was really angry when I looked at it closely... all that's been filled in is a tick for the 'I tried to deliver' box and 'contact our service centre to rearrange collection/delivery'... no parcel number, no time, just nothing apart from a squiggle that might be sorry but is hard to decipher :cussing:

Tried the number on the card but it wants the parcel number to be able to process it through the automated system and I've been waiting for almost 30 minutes so far trying to get through to speak to someone but all I'm getting is an recorded voice telling me 'I'm sorry but all our advisors are busy with other customers, your call will be answered shortly'

Not looking good :(

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Oh not good mate, fingers crossed you might get it by next Christmas.

You'd think some of the drivers would be okay even if the company was a joke, I wonder if inefficiency is part of their staff training?

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Yodel are as bad as Myhermes (I prefer to call them myherpes cos they really are dire)
Heard nowt but bad about them and never any good! Internet reviews about both companies are Erm...interesting to say the least.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
In a similar vein Steve, we had a delivery on Christmas Eve - when we were out!

Driver says he left it in a shed and put a card through the door....

Which is fine.......

but it wasn't our shed and it wasn't our door he put the card through. All the neighbours have checked their sheds and no-one has seen a card.

So going on how many delivery drivers have to ask their way around here - we'll never see it and we have to argue the point with the supplier.

Good luck

Ogri the trog

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Also in a similar vein

We had a package due.... did not arrive... I complained to shop.... shop got the delivery company to call me...

a stroppy sod told me the package was in my garage if I could be bothered to look.........

"I don't have a garage" says I...

mr stroppy says "I will call you back..... two weeks later me and the shop gave up and
I was sent a new item which did arrive :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well... I finally got through to someone who couldn't help me so they passed me onto someone else who could.

Apparently they've just introduced a new delivery system where the driver will attempt to deliver the parcel 3 times on seperate days before it's returned to the parcel depot. But this new system isn't on the card :censored:

So I have to wait until Monday and make sure either my wife or I are in all day so there's no excuse :rolleyes:

As for the lack of a parcel number he was extremely apologetic and ackonwledged it was unacceptable will be speaking to said driver and tell him that he is to always leave a number because if it happens again he'll be passing it onto their manager...

At least he was happy to give me his name and volunteered his managers name without asking so I know who I spoke to.

Pete... not a lot I can say about your experience (apart from stuff you'd ban me for if I posted it) but good luck with sorting it out :(

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Out of interest when i had massive problems with Yodel before Christmas, there was a thing on BBC Sussex about poor service from delivery companies and Yodel was at the top of their list for complaints, so i got in touch with BBC Sussex and sent off all the details of my runaround with Yodel in an email to the DJ who was doing the show, the discussion point arose as she had also had the run around in fairly major fashion as well, now being the BBC they have to give the other side the right to reply, which is only fair, so she got in touch with Yodel's press office/head office, who refused point blank to issue a statement or go on the radio to defend themseves or their shoddy service - says it all im afraid.

If i order a quantity items from Amazon these days, say six items, i do it on six orders, that way it all seems to come via the Postman and not Yodel or Hermes and saves a whole lot of hassle.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Well... I finally got through to someone who couldn't help me so they passed me onto someone else who could.

Apparently they've just introduced a new delivery system where the driver will attempt to deliver the parcel 3 times on seperate days before it's returned to the parcel depot. But this new system isn't on the card :censored:

So I have to wait until Monday and make sure either my wife or I are in all day so there's no excuse :rolleyes:

As for the lack of a parcel number he was extremely apologetic and ackonwledged it was unacceptable will be speaking to said driver and tell him that he is to always leave a number because if it happens again he'll be passing it onto their manager...

At least he was happy to give me his name and volunteered his managers name without asking so I know who I spoke to.

Pete... not a lot I can say about your experience (apart from stuff you'd ban me for if I posted it) but good luck with sorting it out :(

You might get it tomorrow.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
The call centre folk are a set of lying bar stewards. Some of the drivers are fine, but the independnet ones are only paid 60p per parcel they aren't going to go out of their way to deliver a single parcel.

I was told "we'll ring you back" by Yodel call centre monkeys numerous times and they never did. Contact the retailer and say you want your money back, thats your right under the distance selling act.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Yodel are an absolute nightmare. Ordered a camera at the start of last month, took the day off and waited for delivery a few feet from the door that parcels arrive at but no sign, check the web tracking just after 5, says delivered at 15:07 and signed for by the lady next door, slight fault in thieving barstewards plan here, the person who signed for it is a school teacher who works about 20 miles away, was teaching her class at 15:07 and didn't get home till about 6pm! Then of course they claimed first they couldn't contact the driver, then their system had crashed and deleted the scan of the signature so they couldn't provide me with that. Then the story changed to yes it was the lady next door by name 'at the house with red door', well that is either me or across the street. It eventually turned up 3 days later at the house across the street after I asked for the name of the driver so I could report the theft to the police!

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Never had any major trouble with yodel myself, except that it's practically impossible to get to their depot where I live if you don't own a car. (it's in the middle of an industrial estate with 50mph dual carriageway roads with no pavements and no bus stops and far too many artics to make cycling safe)

Hndl on the other hand have been nothing but agro. I've opened the door as I saw the card being posted (without even knocking) asking for my parcel to be told it isn't even on the wagon and I would have to pick it up from the depot.

So far ups have been the best service I have had closely followed by Royal mail (who only loose points for the stupidly short opening hours of the delivery office that force you to take half a day off work to pick anything up yet I live in central Manchester. (open Mon to Fri. 8am - noon))
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Think I must be the luckiest Yodel customer in Britain.

I ordered a backpack from Field and Trek, decided not to go for the optional £6 next day delivery and chose the free 2-3 working day delivery. Parcel came the next day anyway and it actually was at the address on the card they posted when I wasn't in to receive it.

:D:D:D

Delivery companies are a pain where I live. Sometimes if I am expecting I leave a note saying where to put it as no one is in during their delivery hours. Only had some non RM packages get returned to the depot because of a signature. RM is pretty good as its usually the same postie and he know what to do.I have refused each time to go to the other delivery companies depots, except RM and another which are on my way to work. The others are the other side of Aberdeen, 30 miles away from home.I hate how you have no choice in who delivers it, especially with amazon. If a RM costs a bit more I would happily pay for it.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
th_1lg090yodel.gif
Don't you just love good service...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE